DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i have a quick question. Ive been wanting to buy a keyless remote for my 1998 concorde LXi for the past month due to the weather. the door locks are freezing and the use of lock de-icer is more frequent.

My question is, can i use a remote off of a sebring, or any intrepid from the year 2000-up? Or would have have to match the proper pat #, FCCID#, and/or Canada ID# all together? i really dont feel like paying $70 for a remote off the dealer...need the money for the new sound system.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check with the dealer to see exactly which one you need number wise, then just buy one off Ebay. I've even seen some (not all) junk yards with the keys to the car in the ignition with a remote just hanging off the key. You can get them from lots of places without paying dealer prices. Other car models probably work, but you'll need to make sure the serial/model numbers match. Then just search the site to learn how to program them. I know you can program the 1st gen yourself and I'd say you can with the second as well, it's just likely a different procedure.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, there is one remote to the car already, but since it belongs to teh real owner (my mother), she wont let me take it. Now, like i asked before, maybe someone with 2 remotes can answer this.

what matching # do i need..
PART #
FCC ID#
CANADA ID#

if it is most likely to be part number, i have found remotes on ebay that have the same number, BUT they have a different last letter
ex. mine says AC, where the ones on ebay say AB.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
i have a couple of em over here in my crib, gimmie the part number u have and u can have em for free, just pay the 45 cents for teh stamp lol, joking ill throw that in if u want

ALi

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies once again, but ive concluded that i dont need it at all. I have all the lock de-icer i need and until the trunk button is shaved i have no use for a keyless remote.

Oh, BTW, for those who have 2 remotes, what is the same on the two? FCC ID or Part #?

that was my original question :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
ok heres the deal, and i SWEAR this is not a lie, im looking at my key fobs now and one of them is missing the last 2 letters, their is just an empty square lol

but i will call off what i c

key fob #1= CHRYSLER P/N-04602268AC
MODEL/FCC ID- GQ43VT9T
CANADA - 1470 102 460

KEY FOB #2= CHRYSLER P/N-04602268
MODEL/FCC- GQ43VT9T
CANADA - 1470 102 460

KEY FOB #3= CHRYSLER P/N-04759008AB
MODEL/FCC- GQ43VT9T
CANADA - 1470 102 460

KEY NUMBER 3 IS NOT my cars key, and im guessing that key 2 ends with the same letters as key 1, but that is something i just dont know

numbeer 3 is the one i wanted to give away, it is out of either an intrepid/300m/concord cuz that was all i ever got anything out of

ALi

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
sent one back

ALi

1 - 15 of 15 Posts