DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife decided to lock the keys in the car, how and whre is the line connected to the lock? we got a slim jim and have been going at it for over an hour and no luck, we can make the lock jiggle but thats it, it aint budging.... help quck plz! or if anyone has a picture of the assembly plz post it!

tia

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Brick + window coverage = no more locked in keys!

This post just for information purposes. Don't actually try this, but if you do, you didn't hear it from me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
lol that always works......my intrepid has a safety feature that if the keys are in the ignition you can't lock the doors.....you should have more than 1 set of keys.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My sister bought a used car from a dealer and it only came with one key. Of course she locked the key in the car the day she got it. We tried calling the police but they said they don't help with the key locked in the car problem anymore because they don't want to damage anything. AAA to save the day.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You have a gun?
Shoot the lock out....second thoughts....Nahhh.. go with the brick idea.

(and why exactly do you own a slimjim"?)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have unfortunately done this before. The way I did it was to take off your antenna. then go to the drivers side door. Then either have someone else pull on the fop of the door near the edge and pull it away from the car. Will open a slight gap against the "ever popular" Intrepid shrinking door seals. Then maneuver the antenna down to the electric lock/unlock button and try to push the unlock side down. You might have to bend your antenna a little bit to maneuver it right but it will work. You just have to work at it. Be patient.

·
Registered
604 Posts
take your other car and drive to the ghetto. i'm sure someone has experience there.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Actually, take a screwdriver and push the lock aside. (sorry I can't explain, I've never done it but it was on the news) This is a known malfunction in the Intrepid's and other Chrysler cars design.

·
9,861 Posts
Don't do it yourself. You will only end up damaging the car. Just have a professional come over.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Take a wire hanger. Use hook near the location of the button.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
ahh well we finally got it by jamming a hangar between the door and car, and got it hooked on the door lock thing...

slim jim isnt mine... it was the apartment maintenance that had it....

but ya it was the wife hehe, she was pulling the car around for me to warm it up befor i left for work, she got out and locked it (by pushing the button down, bleh) and told me, heh was rather pissed =( ah well fainlly got it out so all cool... and about having 2 keys, we do, and she some how locked both sets in the car!

thanks for the help =P

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
King Winky said:
Brick + window coverage = no more locked in keys!
When i was going to DeVry, i locked the keys in my old taurus. i started to ask the security guys for help, but inside their office i saw a brick, which was labeled "DeVry slim jim"

i went and called somebody else :)

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Whats the big deal about having a slim jim? I have one, its just like having a gun. Just because you have it doesn't mean your going to use it for no good.
I like a pice of brake line depending on the car... But i won't explain how i use it.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
DokuHitokiri said:
but ya it was the wife hehe, she was pulling the car around for me to warm it up befor i left for work, she got out and locked it (by pushing the button down, bleh) and told me, heh was rather pissed =( ah well fainlly got it out so all cool... and about having 2 keys, we do, and she some how locked both sets in the car!

thanks for the help =P
She manged to lock BOTH keys???? Wow.

Has she ever locked herself in the car?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts