DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out doing my normal late Saturday night run of the local canyon when I came up on a 99 Stang. We ran down the canyon at tripple digit speeds. I was on his butt the entire time. I was very proud of my TREP! Finally, we got to the free way on ramp. He pulled in, I followed. He stops half way onto the freeway, waves me down, I stage next to him, and we let 'em rip!!! I beat him by a nose!!!! I BEAT A v8 MUSTANG!!! WOOHOOOO!!!! ANOTHER ONE FOR THE DODGE BOYS BABY!!! :D :D :p

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drive a 2000 2.7. I was out in the canyons testing my ideas with cold air intake. I removed the stoke air box and ran the filter element all the way down to the front floor of the car. I was dissapointed during the with the power. Once night came though, got really cold, and I began to see the diffrences in performance with cold air. Results were amazing. Cold air is all the car needs. Al I need to do now is figure out how to make it look great. As for the mustang, I didn't smoke him by much, but I was still in front of him!

·
Registered
299 Posts
omg, im sorry, theres no 2.7 that could beat a mustang. thats the funniest story i ever heard. a 2.7 couldnt beat a v8, or a v6. whats the point of posting that? no one will belive you, its just simple facts, a 2.7 intrepid wont beat a V8 1999 Mustang GT.

These are the 99 v8 mstang numbers:
1999 Ford Mustang GT 0-60 5.5 1/4: 14.2

my guess is, that it was a v6 mstang, with like 15 people in it, and 100 pounds of **** in the trunk.

people need to think about what they say before they post it here. :mad:

·
Registered
299 Posts
exactly warlord.

v6s are brunch, but serioulsy, not for a 2.7. Im still laughing at that kill

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never said it was a GT!!! The guy only had single exhaust but I saw v8 badging on it! Unless it was fake which it could have possibly been. But I don't care, I still beat him regardless of what you guys say or think! :mad: :eek:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i wouldn't doubt that a 2.7 could give a v6 rustang a good run. after all, consider that the 1st gen 3.5s make only 14 more hp than the 2.7s and a healthy 3.5 can walk all over a v6 mustang or a v6 camaro. if the stang had a auto tranny or a shitty driver it wouldn't be completely outrageous to assume the 2.7, properly driven, could at least give the stang something to think about. at the same time, you must also consider that the 2nd gen 3.2 makes more power and torque than the 1st gen 3.5 and the 3.5 cars are faster still than the 3.2s.

now, no, i'm not trumpeting in to the rescue, as the term has been thrown around before, i'm just trying to add a little spice to the discussion. ;)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
How is it that a 3.5 can beat a 3.2? the 3.2 make more power, engine is aluminum so its lighter than iron, can someone tell me why?

·
Banned
439 Posts
This one time I was out on a country road and cruisin along at about 95 mph.....all of a sudden this stealth r/t comes out of nowhere and rides my tail...I gunned it and my 3.3 started crying in pain while crankin out its 153hp...the r/t sped off and I never saw it again...

;) ;) ;) :cool:

sorry INTREPER, i wasn't making fun of you, just adding a little humor to this post...If it was a v6 and a terrible driver a 2.7 could possibly run with it, but I still have my doubts

·
Registered
219 Posts
"How is it that a 3.5 can beat a 3.2? the 3.2 make more power, engine is aluminum so its lighter than iron, can someone tell me why?"

Simple, Superiority. :p

J/K The 3.5's are geared differently I think. But I have sneaked out a few 3.2's myself.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
bute...ask rarewolf, he claims to have killed one. also, having driven my car and an 01 3.2 concorde my car (and this is KEY) feels faster. i don't have a g-tech or anything to test with but just by the seat of the pants i would have to estimate the old 3.5 is just a hair faster.

maybe the bodies are heavier on the 2nd gen cars?

·
Registered
568 Posts
One of my buddies had a 99 GT. I have another friend with a 2000 V6 model(his sisters). My 3.5 will handily beat the v6. Although off the line it's tight, however the 3.5 will continue to pull when the Stang starts to run out of ponies(no pun intended :) ). But the GT is way too much for a Trep to handle. now I will say that I hung tight from a rolling start(50-110 race) But the GT was still pulling on me the entire time. From a dead stop? Fugedaboutit! Even 2nd gen R/Ts are no match for a 99+ GT

Buschman

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I hate ford

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah Ford has never been one that I like at all. I do not think I would ever drive one. Mabe a Cougar if I was givin an amazing deal on it, and it would have a be a pretty good deal. But I would also take a classic Mustang, those I would drive.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
oh yea. classic ford all the way. perhaps the Shelby mod shown in Gone in 60 seconds. that's about it tho. my bro has a '90 cougar... NICE hiway car, drives even better than the trep. but it is a pussy. (in more ways that one) Passing gear is non-existant. Gas mileage is barely 20 on an easy drive. who knows. maybe I am just to critical.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
ok why does everyone always blaze the little 2.7 i drive a 00 ES 2.7 and the only car i have raced and lost too was my bro's 89 5.0 with many mods, I know it's a small engine but it sure likes the revs, i've beat a 98 5spd camaro in it so i think it's a preaty quick car, although i'm not sure about it taking a 99 4.6l mustang

·
Registered
79 Posts
I drive a 95 3.5, I have never raced a 2nd gen intrepid, or mustang V6 or camaro, now hereing that the 3.5 will burn them it makes me feel better he he. I have been itching to race a mustang v6 or camaro, just havent been able to find one to mess with. My intrepid is far from stock too so hoping for good results.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts