DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well before I get to that, I'll tell you what led to that. It was my friend Kyle and I in my Trep, and then Tim and Alex in Tim's Nissan 240SX. Tim decided to lead us around several parking lots and streets. Fun stuff, he did pull some 180s in some parking lots. Fun stuff. Well after I left Alex's house, I get onto Route K, a 40MPH 2 lane each way road in O'Fallon, basically a newer development area with lots of stores and big retail chains. I pull up to a red light and so does this slick lookin' Cavalier Z24. Black, body kit, black tint windows. Both me and the Cavy keep inching up. We're bout the only ones on the road going north. The light turns green and I gun it, but unexpectedly he did too. We took off and we were neck and neck going for quite a while. I start to pull away and he finally backs off. Got it up to 80 or so. Quite fun, that pretty much made my night. I expected the Cavy to whoop my ass, but I guess the Trep's got a lotta fight in it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
:ugh2: You do realize they run like 17 second 1/4s right? I guess since he was a ricer idiot it was cool...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:ugh2: You do realize they run like 17 second 1/4s right? I guess since he was a ricer idiot it was cool...
Yeah, which is why I'm still surprised I wasn't wasted by him. Unless he's one of those "people" who take Z24 badges and put em on regular Cavys..I've seen it happen before. Guess I'll never know..hm.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I expected the Cavy to whoop my ass,
You just have to keep hunting and you will.
There are so many versions of these cars. It's hard to keep track of them all.
Some are 2.4L quad 4. Some newer vesion of the 2.4. There is the gutless 2.2 and an Ecotec 2.2L which is almost as fast as a 2.4.

Z24's and Sunfire GT's are 15 sec cars with a 5 spd. They have to be driven right to extract that time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts