DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: My car is not as fresh or clean as some other cars. When I bought it there was some paint damage. I've tried to take good care of it, but some parts still suck. Especially the damage from accidents which weren't my fault, which I didn't claim because insurance is in my dads name. I love driving my car, no matter what damage it may have in certain areas. So, here I present you with my no-name 1997 Dodge Intrepid ES, with 3x accident damage and its first hardcore wash, wax, etc.

Products I used:

Meguire's car wash
Turtle Hard Shell wax
Rain-X
Eagle 1 Glass Cleaner (used to clean wheels)
Westley's Tire Bleche
Eagle 1 Tire Shine

3x Terry towels to wash, clean wheels
5x microfiber towels to wax, buff
2x large bath towels to dry

Overall, I like the rain-x best. Its just so cool to see the water run down after its applied. Note to self: spraying water on freshly waxed car is not good, causes spots.

I love how the tires look. I applied the Bleche Wite once, let dry, applied again, and then put the tire shine on. I couldn't be more happy with the way they look. The wheel almost looks white in this picture.

I guess I'll make this into a signature thread as well, since I don't have one.

Mods:

-Autostick conversion
-OTIS and Premium BCM
-Remote Keyless Entry (car was equipped with it from factory, but seller never gave a remote, so I bought a remote off ebay and it worked)
-Apline 9803 Head Unit
-750 watt power inverter
-Lanzar Vibe 5.25 door speakers (boo, I know, but I had to get something in there)
-Full Size Spare
-300m alloy wheels, Eagle Goodyear GA tires

Future:
-Fix damage to bumper, hood, quarter panel, rear passenger door, rear passenger side
-Repaint car
-Replace headlight brackets / headlights
-Leather heated / memory seats
-New OEM floormats
-Matching center console - have light gray A/S bezel, green cupholder, and charcoal console / lid :)

Overall, my car is nothing that sticks out. I've seen much better on this site. I was just bored and wanted to learn how to wax / rain x / etc, so washed my car. I take pride in driving it and don't let anyone make fun of her (e.g. "haha, that intrepid is slow, my 3.1 grand prix can kick the **** out of it, plus my GP has a playstation in the trunk and has lcd screens word bling bling holla omg lol!11!1111!1!!!!111!"). Shes got nearly 166,000 miles right now, and at a sixth of a million miles I'm questioning whether I want to spend the money to do all, or even some, of what is in "future". I will probably save up for a 2nd gen or a completely different car. But for now, the Intrepid rawks and it stays.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Lovely lookin! :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the mopar decal custom made at a decal shop inside a flea market. Cost me $12. The ram's head was $10, but it was pre-made. I also had "INTREPID" along the sunvisor up front, but thought it looked too gaudy and took it down. I've been considering removing the other two as well, as I am no longer in the 'decal phase' I was when I put them on, and plus the vinyl is peeling at the edges.

Nevertheless, I get lots of questions from non-car people: "Whats a mopar? Is that your name for your car? What does it mean?" Entertaining, to say the least.

·
Registered
952 Posts
lol, if you guys would have gotten the cool lettering (like me ;) ) then you would probably keep the windshield banner. I'm getting another banner made for my Taurus repping Anonda Motorsports (who refurbished my car, RI) using the same font... even though I forgot what that font was....

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i have a banner accross the bottom of my rear window in chrome lettering that reads "GAZETOWARDTHESKY" It may or may not come off before carlisle. I can never decide if its ghey or not.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Pat, do you ever notice people swerving in back of you?

They might be blinded by the bling ;)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Wow that looks really nice. What is wrong with the mixed up center councel. Makes your car different ;). Keep it running good and I hope I will be able to see it again at a couple more meets.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Car looks real nice... a bit more shiny than the last time I saw it... :)

Ya know, you're really not all that far from me, can you come and make mine that shiny? No added dents though, K? :)

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
dont worry about the damage on the fender "insane driver" LOL!!

those wheels have really grown on me on 1g intrepids after seeing your car at the int'l meet. keep it looking nice!

what color are you thinking about painting it?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dmt, the wheels are the base wheels for the 300M's. I got them in an auction on eBay - 4 wheels plus 4 tires with ~85% tread left, coinciding with the time I needed new tires anyways, for $200. Woo!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts