DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y`all,

I read Lafrads post about his car getting better after playing with some chicks :) ( Playaz huh!) :)

Anyway, I do have a knock on my car also, its around 1000 rpm to around 2500 rpm where its more pronouced, you can hear it within
side the car, it sounds like a quiet Disel Knock, I am hoping its the Injectors <Falls to knees praying> Anyone have anything similar?? Hope its something like Lafrads prob.

Thanks all

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had one....... then I got it fixed, for 850 bucks. Head gasket went out. Now I am poor once again.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
they only charged you 850 to do the head gasget? wow. you walked away lucky.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
is it a low knock knock knock.. or a higher Tap Tap Tap. think sledge hammer vs tac hammer. is it louder when you start the engine after it sat for awhile (overnight or longer)?

If it is louder at startup and quiets down some within 5 seconds, there is a high chance that it is in the engine's moving parts.... it gets quiet when the oil finally is pumped up to the loud spot.

the knock knock knock is bad... could very well be a rod knock.. and those are costly to fix, and even costlier to ignore. (break a rod, punch holes in the engine/oil pan/break crankshaft...)

If it is the tac hammer sound... run a good engine lubricant in (slick 50/sea foam/hyperlube) it, and see if it gets quieter. That probably just means it is a sticky lifter, and the worst thing that could happen is you lose hp and gain a rougher idle. but it would never leave you stranded.

anyway.. get a car guy to take a look... friend or garage.... but don't let a problem like that linger.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its like somone is hammering on a wooden post if that makes any sense?!?!?! I noticed today though when I was starting on my way home from work that when I started the car the noise wasnt there... I wonder if I am just getting a wee bit paranoid..?

Anyway, I really appreciatte yore help!!!

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts