DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big ****ing deal. The Muslums Burn our US flag, Bibles and stuffed dolls of US Pres's all the time. And you don't see the the US people rioting all over the place. I can buy a Bible or Koran and burn it, pee on it, or rip it up and flush it down the toilet any time i want. I if i was captured and they burn the bible big deal. Better then getting ones head cut off, or other body parts.

Reactions: alderran

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah it was false. An their little "oversight" casued the deaths of 17 people and injuries to dozens more. But will they be held accountable for yelling the proverbial "fire in the threater"? I doubt it.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stand corrected. :doh:

·
Registered
479 Posts
In their rush to be the first to find yet another petty incident to blame on the administration's policies, Newsweek failed to properly verify the story. This has become so fashionable, so chic, so "progressive". But the consequences of stampeding to judgement without solid factual evidence is not without consequence. Far to many publications have the facts "left" out. Way "left" out.
On a side note: Would any Christion captured by a Muslim group be given a Bible to read? Even for 24 hours prior to beheading?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yes, this is a major ****-up on Newsweek's part.

I do wonder, though, if these people would've been better off in the end even if Newsweek didn't publish the story. The terrorists' track record thus far doesn't bode well for anyone they capture.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Why for once I'm with SpookRT. If we want to piss all over their holy book that's our business.

Again please tell me why we are wasting our soldiers lives and 300 billion of our hard earned $$$ saving the Iraqis because I for one don't ****ing get it.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Better yet reported today on CNN. That the prisoners in Cuba them selfs riped pages out of the Koran. And stuffed them in the toilets to back them up. Really must be a holy book if they are doing themselfs. Sounds like what 12 years old's do school then adult men.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
00ChryslerIntrepid said:
Yes, this is a major ****-up on Newsweek's part.

I do wonder, though, if these people would've been better off in the end even if Newsweek didn't publish the story. The terrorists' track record thus far doesn't bode well for anyone they capture.
People died in riots in Afghanistan because of the Newsweek article. Direct result. Does this mean, "Newsweek lied, people died?"

Reactions: jossimbyr

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Did you hear about the one protest over this newsweek story (I forgot where in the middle east) where they tried to burn an American flag and it wouldn't light, so they ended up having to set fire to a bunch of their anti-american literature THEN throw the US flag on it to get it to burn. That's pretty funny.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
RapidTransit said:
People died in riots in Afghanistan because of the Newsweek article. Direct result. Does this mean, "Newsweek lied, people died?"
I bet anything it's true and the US govt forced Newsweek to retract it in an attempt to stop the rioting

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
RapidTransit said:
If you want to lump yourself in with the "Bush lied, people died" crowd, go right ahead.

It's also unclear whether the Newsweek article was as exclusive of a causal factor as you say it is, as mentioned in this article:

He said "many elements" contributed and noted that Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said last week the U.S. commander in Afghanistan put more emphasis on local politics than anti-American sentiment stirred by the magazine report.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
It doesn't matter. Americans are hated around the world already. Bush has done more to promote hate against americans than any other person or act.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You don't think that people hated us around the world just as much BEFORE Bush. Hell, our own Nation hated eachother because of Vietnam. I think you're an idiot. You should just accept the fact that Bush is in office and will be out in a few years. If Kerry was in office I would say "OH WELL, at least he won't be in again." Nobody's dumb enough to vote for Kerry twice(HAHA). And if you can't get over it go seek counseling.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
bignoid said:
You don't think that people hated us around the world just as much BEFORE Bush. Hell, our own Nation hated eachother because of Vietnam. I think you're an idiot. You should just accept the fact that Bush is in office and will be out in a few years. If Kerry was in office I would say OH well at least he won't be in again. Nobody's dumb enough to vote for Kerry twice(HAHA). And if you can't get over it go seek counseling.

But they were dumb enough to vote for Bush twice(well not really the first time).

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
bignoid said:
You don't think that people hated us around the world just as much BEFORE Bush. Hell, our own Nation hated eachother because of Vietnam. I think you're an idiot. You should just accept the fact that Bush is in office and will be out in a few years. If Kerry was in office I would say "OH WELL, at least he won't be in again." Nobody's dumb enough to vote for Kerry twice(HAHA). And if you can't get over it go seek counseling.
We are more hated now than before. I can't even believe that anyone would question that. We are now hated by our former allies in Europe. That wasn't the case before Bush. Even the people in England are starting to hate us. Hating Americans is definitely more in fashion.

·
Registered
434 Posts
People would hate us even if we didn't step into Iraq. Why? Because, we didn't do anything with Iraq. They would make statements such as "You're a world superpower and you don't try to help the little guy. I hate America." Or, "America just sits on their fat-asses while we die for a cause they want nothing to do with. They don't care about freedom" It's a double edged sword. Can't you see that. Nobody is happy. And with every choice ANY President makes it seems to be the wrong one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Let'em hate all they want. The "haves" are always hated by the "have nots". All those countries that hate us should spend less time hatin' and more time being productive citizens. Hating is wasted energy. If one is pissed off about something then its their problem, not mine. Quit pouting and get over it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts