DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome! Been a year, figure I need to start explaining the story behind the Trep.

I've had a Cavalier running about 3 years, around 206k miles on it, so I decided to go look at dealerships and what not (had a hard time saving cash at the present time). Ended up finding this and overlooking it a few times before I settled on it. The dealer let me drive it home before buying it, and was instantly hooked on how much room there was, the power behind it (driven 4 bangers most of the time). So, at 77k miles roughly...I bought it! 1.5 years later and about 20k miles, still running great!

The day we bought 'er.

About 4 months ago I ended up hitting a bad patch of rain and messing up the front end pretty good...

-Bent the fenders, the hood, destroyed both fog lights, both headlights, the bumper itself..Learned a quick lesson that day..

Here it is a few days after repairs.

And As it stands today (More or less)

I love everything about this car. The space, the power, the comfort, and easy accessibility for parts...everything is just great about it. My wife may not look at it that way, but honestly the car was definitely the thing to put me into working on them, no matter how little I know..
-------- Going to take up another post...------------

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Modifications Thus Far

Exterior
--Debadged Hood (Done due to automatic wash :wtf: )
-Debadged Body (Done during Carlisle Nationals)
- Relocated 'Dodge' Lettering to Door frame (During Carlisle Nationals)
-Plastidipped Accents on doors (Late September '13)
-Niteshaded Taillights/Brake Bar (Late September '13)
-Dodge License Plate (Sept '12)
-Projector Headlights powered by 6k HID bulbs (July '13)

Interior
-Most lights (such as courtesy, dome) Are blue LED (10/01/13)
-Painted 'Intrepid' on dash black (Carlisle National '13)
-2 15" Subwoofers (1200Peak) powered by a 2000 Watt Peak Amplifier. All Lanzar
-Pioneer Head Unit X6500BT
-Kenwood Speakers in door panels (I can't honestly remember which ones they are)
-Removed Center speaker from dash (July '12 -- Never worked)
-LED Glove Box Strip (11/13)
To Be Completed

-Tinting (Who knows when, researching)
-Interior Slate Swap (Depending on my mood, I love the Light Taupe)
-Spoiler
-Cold Air Intake
-Dual Exhaust
--I'm sure there's more, just not thinking about it...

--That's all for now Thanks for reading guys. And thanks for anyone who's helped me this past year, I can't thank you enough.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

In other news.. Fog lights I got that were made in Taiwan decided they didn't want to adjust so the plastic inside snapped.

I'm now looking for fog lights. Damn it

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, Been awhile since I've posted...kinda.

New Fog Lights thanks to Ronbo!
LED Fogs (Not for visibility of course) lighted 6k (also have the halogens for backup!
Glove box with LED's wired in. WHOO!

Found a reputable person to put tint on the car for under $150! So.....That'll be my Xmas present I guess :D

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Depending on the shop. Got quoted for lifetime warranty with Johnson Film for $145-250. All depends on the people who do it.

I actually just went out and bought some 17's for $50 yesterday. A little TLC and they'll be looking shiny! Doing that tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update: New Shoes!! Tenzo R 18x8 wheels with Sumimoto High Performance All Seasons 235/50/18's.

Had some hassle getting them on, the bore doesnt set in the whole way on these, so I used some spacers to compensate.

All Blue. Green displays/traction control/etc. Learning slowly..

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but Tint is somehow still on the list of to-mods. :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had to get my centers honed out 1.2mm on my current 18's so they would sit flush!
Yup thats exactly the problem I had lol.

I just put on spacers to 'ignore' the issue. Wouldn't necessarily say ignore it, because i still sit there and tighten the lugs to ensure nothings going to happen :spiders:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts