DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Now

Ive been looking for sturts that arent $200 a pop, and I figured Id get them from Tirerack, theyve been great with Rims and headlights and they have the cheapest struts. Anyways, the struts listed on their site mention they work with Intrepids WITHOUT Performance Handling Package??
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Dodge&autoModel=Intrepid+R%2FT&autoYear=2001&autoModClar=&brand=all
I called Tirerack and KYB and neither of them have any idea what that means, before I call Chrysler, anyone know what they mean and if my 2003SXT has that?? My local tire guy, performance shop, not Canadian Tire, mentions he likes the H&R springs over the Eibach, so I figured to go with that, anyone else have them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
You don't have PHP, it came standard only on Intrepid R/Ts and it was an option on 300ms. I would do more research on this site before you spend money on the KYBs. There have been several members here who had them and they got a ridiculously low amount of mileage out of them. I guess that's ok if you do the labor yourself, but if you're paying someone you don't want to have to replace them every year!

As far as the springs, the Eibachs have been discontinued so you'll have some trouble finding them. I have a set but I haven't installed them yet so I can't comment on them.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The PHP/PHG struts are stiffer, and recommended for lowering. You can see if they have adjustible sturts, that usually have a knob that lets you control the damping valve. I have these on my air ride sturts

·
Registered
550 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
You don't have PHP, it came standard only on Intrepid R/Ts and it was an option on 300ms. I would do more research on this site before you spend money on the KYBs. There have been several members here who had them and they got a ridiculously low amount of mileage out of them. I guess that's ok if you do the labor yourself, but if you're paying someone you don't want to have to replace them every year!

As far as the springs, the Eibachs have been discontinued so you'll have some trouble finding them. I have a set but I haven't installed them yet so I can't comment on them.
I have had Eibachs on my 97 for four years, from day one they have been fantastic! Make sure you put in new spring seats, no matter what brand you use. If you use the old seats the new springs won't sit right and the ride height will not be the same around the car! I had tried KYB in 2001 and they lasted 30,000 miles (junk). I went with the Monroe reflex stuff when I did the Eibachs at 120,000 miles, they still rock at 213,000 miles! Unfortunatly they are also no longer available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts