DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

41 - 60 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
I am fighting back the tears as I speak, but I do not like quoting movies if I can help it, but one part of the movie "Gladiator" comes to my mind:

At the end of the movie when the Lucilla is talking Gracchus, here is a twist on it:
He was a member and a friend of the LH communities. Honor him. (Original Quote "He was a soldier of Rome. Honor him. ")

Still though my thoughts and condolenses go out to Kyles family and his memory and wisdom on here will cherish for a very long time...

**EDIT**

In the infamous words, Go with God my brother and do not be afraid of your new home...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wow, I cant believe he is gone. I've never met him, but by his posts he seemed to be a great person. He has helped me out several times on here. He was so young, its too bad I didn't get to know him. They say the good die young, why I do not know. My best regards to his family.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I have not cried in a long time, until today. Rest in peace my friend.
I can't hold back the tears either doug,
even tho Ive never met kyle in person, he helped me soo much, was always nice to me & always had great advice. he was such a great member of our community, our big family. his loss is tragic. may he rest in peace.

Kyle Meyer 1990-2010
Rest In Peace

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Coming from the underground to say.......that simply life is too short. To see someone only 6 years younger than myself pass away is just a damn shame. RIP Kyle.....http://www.facebook.com/ZnR1010 My condolences to his family. I know this is just an internet forum, but enjoy your loved ones guys. Step away from the computer every now and then.....you never know what what may happen tommorow.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I have actually never met or spoken to Kyle, we had only exchanged words here. How he carried himself and the extent of knowlege for a 20 year old really impressed me. I am sure he will be missed by many.

As a father of three who are around Kyles age I am sorry for your loss and you should be proud of who he was.

Ken

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
I'm so sad to read of Kyles passing. I knew nothing of his accident until today.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
My deepest sympathies go out to Kyle's family.
What some people don't understand in this situation is that this is not just an internet forum. We differ in that many of us have met in person, shared good times and have fond memories. We had true friendships, not just a cyber link.
Kyle is by far one of the best. He was smart, dedicated and never gave a second thought to lending a hand to anyone that needed it. Pretty remarkable considering the youth of today.
He has been a guest in my home as well as others and was welcome anytime. He will be sadly missed my many friends and family. It is a tragic loss for all that knew him. He won't be forgotten and I'm sure there will always be talk of our favorite ginger at meets in the future.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was shocked to hear about this first over on 300Mclub. Kyle was certainly a bright young man IMO from meeting him a few times over the past couple of years. It's certainly a shock.

A moment of silence...

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
My deepest sympathies go out to Kyle's family.
What some people don't understand in this situation is that this is not just an internet forum. We differ in that many of us have met in person, shared good times and have fond memories. We had true friendships, not just a cyber link.
Kyle is by far one of the best. He was smart, dedicated and never gave a second thought to lending a hand to anyone that needed it. Pretty remarkable considering the youth of today.
He has been a guest in my home as well as others and was welcome anytime. He will be sadly missed my many friends and family. It is a tragic loss for all that knew him. He won't be forgotten and I'm sure there will always be talk of our favorite ginger at meets in the future.
Well said!

I'll forever think of him whenever I see bright-green painters' tape...

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
OMFG! I can not believe this! RIP Kyle I only met you twice but I could tell right away you were a great guy. you will be missed greatly. My condolences go out to his family.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
My deepest thoughts and prayers go to Kyle. You have touched many lives here. For that I say Thank you!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Well said!

I'll forever think of him whenever I see bright-green painters' tape...
and everytime I look at my black and white trep

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
From Kyles Mom:

Dan, I want you to know, we did some funeral shopping today for Kyle and one of the things they asked us was about his clothing. I thought it would be appropriate for him to be in a t-shirt and jeans. He is a 19 guy, who, I feel, would not want to be viewed in a suit; therefore, as a tribute to him and DI.net, I am going to have him in the di.net shirt that you and the guys sent him, along with a pair of jeans. I think he would approve of that, don't you?

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
.....I'm shocked to see this. Really at a loss for words. Kyle was a good friend and I'll never forget him. He was an irreplacable piece of this community and I'm incredibly saddened to hear this. My prayers go out to the Meyer family. May God welcome you with open arms buddy....

41 - 60 of 180 Posts