DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

61 - 80 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
That is awesome Dan!

R.I.P. Kyle.. I teared up a few times just reading threw these posts and remembering all the nights of being up till like 2 or 3 in the morning talking about cars with him. I never got to meet him and really wish I would have.

This isn't goodbye Kyle, this is cya later!

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
I don't think I need to ask this, but will someone post the funeral arrangements once they are known?

And massive props to Kyle's mom & family. It's very touching to see them recognize the DI community.

I only met Kyle twice - just in the past year - and as the others have said, he was cool as all get-out. He seemed to have his head on pretty straight and certainly offered up assistance within the community when and where he could. His passing feels like I've lost one of my own brothers.

See you on the other side Kyle...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I was weary of posting. Its just is not right. All he ever did was help people out. A good person so young cut so short is just not right.

Having lost my mother a year a go and having a close call on the highway, I am truly grateful to be alive. I could not imagine any words to say to his family, words just cant express the feelings you have when you lose someone close.

Best of wishes and love of happiness to Kyle and his loved ones.

Live life to the fullest and never stop dreaming.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I don't think I need to ask this, but will someone post the funeral arrangements once they are known?

And massive props to Kyle's mom & family. It's very touching to see them recognize the DI community.

I only met Kyle twice - just in the past year - and as the others have said, he was cool as all get-out. He seemed to have his head on pretty straight and certainly offered up assistance within the community when and where he could. His passing feels like I've lost one of my own brothers.

See you on the other side Kyle...

I have been checking all day for obituaries to find out funeral arrangements. Nothing yet. I will be sure to post up anything that I find out. Same to you guys out there that find anything out before me.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
I have not cried in a long time, until today. Rest in peace my friend.
Friends come and go, but rarely the kind of friend that Kyle was. At meets he usually worked on other members cars rather than his own. On line he was always the humorist and posted some of the funniest stuff. He is sorely missed by me and this community.
Me too bud. My face is cramped up and hurting from crying, I dont think I have anything left...

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
it wansent a easy day at work for me, had a white second gen come in the shop,, and yep he was on my mind again,, talked to my Boss about time off for the service,, im going

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
just came across the terrible news when I wanted to check on his progress... What a tragedy. What a great young man, way too short of a live... Rest in peace, Kyle.... One of them days we'll meet again...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I never met Kyle in person, but i've talked to him many times on the forum and on aim. It always hurts to lose someone, but when someone as young as Kyle loses their life it hurts even more. I'm really going to miss seeing his posts on the forum and facebook.

RIP Kyle!

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
It looks like the service will be on thursday. So far it appears visitation will be from 11-1 and the service from 1-2. They are still deciding between 2 funeral homes. I will update when I know.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Reading these heart-breaking posts reminds me of my grandmother's funeral, nearly five years ago. My uncle read a poem that I found very moving:

A ship sails and I stand watching till she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says She is gone.

Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as large now as when I last saw her. Her diminished size and total loss from my sight is in me, not in her.

And just at that moment, when someone at my side says she is gone, there are others who are watching her coming over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout - There she comes!

That is what dying is. An horizon and just the limit of our sight.

Lift us up O Lord, that we may see further.
God speed, my friend. This isn't "The end." We'll be seeing you, when it is our time.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
I am planning on making the drive down, just need to confirm my replacement when I get to work today

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
I don't know where this came from, someone named Strangis heard it and recorded it as John Wayne spoke at the funeral of director Howard Hawks in 1977

"Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the mornings hust,I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there.

I did not die.

Carried this clipping since my son passed Jean, and my wifes brothers son also.
All way before their time and all way before us.

Take care of yourself and family now they need you more than ever and everyone knows you did everything you could for Kyle.

Wow, I had to go back for a few edits, couldn't hold back either.

It never gets easier you just have to do the best you can. Remember those good times and cherish those memories.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
From Kyles dad:

Kyle Meyer & His Intrepid Buddies July 19, 2010

Thank you all for helping, mentoring, guiding, challenging, entertaining, and most of all, befriending my son Kyle.

The Internet is adding new ways for people to relate and become friends, and Kyle coming here is a perfect, positive example.

Kyle had very focused areas of interest, and was happiest communicating with people with the same interests. He was truly at home here.

While your dedication to a particular Chrysler platform brought him here, he learned a lot more here than just cars. Among other things, you guys taught him how men with differing opinions and diverse backgrounds can get along for the greater good. Basically, respect. With all the bad stuff on the Internet for people his age, any father would be happy to have his son learn the ropes here.

Kyle took great pride in his posts and in his early days with you guys, relived them endlessly for his brother and I. He was absolutely mental about the meets and put a lot of preparation into his cars for them.

I could tell he was conflicted when his second gen Intrepid took a dump and he wanted to still hang with you guys. After that, I think he fancied himself as an Intrepid purist and got an earlier car. I was so proud and impressed the way he updated it with later parts. That car was his pride and joy. Not because it was special or unique, but because he brought it back to life himself and made it just the way he wanted it.

A typical Kylism: When he was eight or ten, as we rode past a Chevy dealership he asked what my favorite new Z/28 color was. When I told him white with orange stripes, Kyle moaned back “Daaaaad, that’s SS only.”

If Kyle had any outstanding debts, owed anyone parts, or has open issues of any kind, please do not be shy and get in touch with me through Dan. Likewise, if anyone has any questions, thoughts or concerns about Kyle, nobody enjoys talking about him more than me.

For those of you that got Kyle’s sense of humor, he will still make me laugh every day for the rest of my life.

Steve Meyer

61 - 80 of 180 Posts