DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

81 - 100 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
What Mr. Meyer said there made me feel really good inside. As I told many of you guys off the boards, Kyle was like our little brother. He never said it outright, but he looked up to us. It makes me feel good that even though I may have not heard it directly that I could/may have impacted his life somehow and maybe it changed him for the better.

Kyle, we'll meet again someday, I am sure I am gonna need some help one day up there...and thats how to change/rebuild a tranny. :)

RIP Ginger.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
What his dad wrote...wow. Even though I only knew him threw a screen name and posts i got misty. As others have said this isn't goodbye Kyle this is c-ya. Again my condolences to the Meyer family and friends.

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
Kyles Dad has class, and it showed he truly Loved his son,

now for my bad news,, looks like i cant go, I got promoted today, and well,, yadda yadda yadda,

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Yup, very classy. I know we gave Kyle crap all the time, even though we knew he was a smart kid and would make something out of himself for sure.
I still laugh about this one I posted for him as a motivational moment. It really fit with him working at the grocery store and his future ahead of him....lol

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
I didnt see it posted,, but heres what i found

Visitation to
be held at Hartson Funeral Home on Thursday, July 22, from 11:00AM to
1PM, with a
service to follow.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Muskego High
School in the attention of Kyle Meyer Memorial Automotive Scholarship
Fund,
W183 S8750 Racine Ave., Muskego, WI 53150

Hartson Funeral Home

11111 W. Janesville Road

Hales Corners, WI 53130

414-475-9797

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Oh my... I've been very sad about this whole thing, and sure, I was very sad at his passing - but the letter from his father really said something to me... I too got misty (down right wet cheeked) reading it.

Dan, thank you for forwarding that to the thread, and thank him from all of us.

I'm up in the air with going - it is going to be a tough call.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
It's Kyle's dad, Steve.

I've belonged to an Internet forum for over a decade, and know that Internet friends are real too.

Kyle got his start on the Kaw Triples forum, and I was proud as hell to see how thoughtful and articulate his writing was there, and how much he wanted to help.

I can assure you, Kyle was not a helpful person around the house, so it was great to see that he had those traits, he just chose to use them somewhere else.

It was easy to watch him mature with you guys, and many of you really were like his big brothers. With so many things for a parent to worry about, a kid talking cars is a godsend.

I would be honored to meet any of you who can attend his funeral. I will be a mess and have lots to do, but please introduce yourself to me and tell me you knew Kyle from the forum.

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
Nice to meet you Steve,, on facebook, im tom, S, jeannie and i talked a few times
you had a fine Young Man, I thought very highly of him

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Steve, we liked/loved Kyle very much. Glad to hear he was a typical youth around the house. We miss him very much and share in some of your sorrow. You should be proud of him as are we for the brief times we had together he made a large impact on our lives. Unable to attend his services myself, but I wish you and yours full return of your peace and joy.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Funeral Arrangements:

Meyer, Kyle G.Age 19. Taken too soon on July 18, 2010. Loving son of Steven and Jeanne. Big brother of Troy. Grandson of Glenn and Marilyn Meyer and Earl...and Geri Christianson. Nephew of Kevin (Lisa). Maureen (Bob), Tim, Jeff(Louise), and Mike (Julie). Further survived by other relatives and friends.Visitation to be held at Hartson Funeral Home on Thursday, July 22, from 11:00AM to 1PM, with a service to follow. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Muskego High School in the attention of Kyle Meyer Memorial Automotive Scholarship Fund,W183 S8750 Racine Ave., Muskego, WI 53150
Hartson Funeral Home
11111 W. Janesville Road
Hales Corners, WI 53130
414-475-9797

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
I just suddenly remembered he and I cruised to Walmart together last spring. He was so proud of his ultra rare roll up windows. Spent most of the time talking shop about his 2G to 1G modifications. I made sure to get a picture of his car next to Tom's last night because in my mind, they were both just as beautiful - both had a ton of wrench time into them, and both were loved by their owners. I got a bigger kick out of riding in Kyle's car than I would have riding in Tom's.

Trolling through my PB account

The Sea Foam! That was great

From now on I will be more pictures of people and less pictures of cars. That picture of Kyle sitting is the only good one I have.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I am sure glad Kyle loved that hat. It seems like from all the pics that his friends posted of him he wore it everywhere he went. :)

81 - 100 of 180 Posts