DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Looks sweet :thumbsup:... now only if i had one....

·
Registered
973 Posts
So many Listers out there now. And now there is a crowd of stickers by Joe! Well, at least my car is the only one with the stickers pointing the right way!!:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Intrepid99 said:
My car is in an evel parallel universe from joekd's, where everything is opposite!!!
Twisted bastard. :p

Looks good Randy.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Re: wow i like it a lot

playgirlrt said:
how did you you make it your self
He didn't make it himself. Just installed it. He payed someone else to make it for him.

·
Registered
617 Posts
i wish someone would build one for me:mad: hint hint joe. im gonna kill some one if i dont get one soon ha ha ha. cash up front joekd

·
Registered
408 Posts
RT,

You have Ram Air scoops but no Lister? Just think of the power you'll have when you duct that high flow air into the airbox, thru the Lister, and force it down the throat of you newly bored TB. Primative forced induction at it's best!! Now who want's to buy me a late sixties Mustang scoop with air door?

Dave

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reiton said:
RT,

You have Ram Air scoops but no Lister? Just think of the power you'll have when you duct that high flow air into the airbox, thru the Lister, and force it down the throat of you newly bored TB. Primative forced induction at it's best!! Now who want's to buy me a late sixties Mustang scoop with air door?

Dave
I see in your signature you have a "RAM airbox" I think we'd all love to see pictures of your setup :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Randy,

I'm taking off a couple of days next week to try an experiment with de-badging/re-badging. I'll take some pics of the motor and if the badging works out that too. Since I don't have a digital camera, I will post as soon as I get them back.

Dave

·
Registered
617 Posts
hey randy have to seen the guy who put a 60s somthing ford mustang scoop on his 300m and made a ram air set up to his tbody it looks pretty sweet and he has another one of the scoops he used all set up and he wants 35 bucks for it.....i cant remember his name but he is on the 300m board and his car was car of the month a month or two ago....im thinking of cutting two squares underneth my scoops and place kn flat filters in the holes and fabricating a ducting set up to run to my t body, but im wondering how this will work when it rains as far as water getting into the system is going.

·
Registered
408 Posts
RTCLONE,

I had already thought of a solution for your set-up. I had planned on getting some of the Lund scoops, but when I saw you had them I thought I'd go a different route, I didn't want to steal your idea.

Anyway, Cut your holes in the hood about halfway down the scoop. Up through the hole install some ABS or sheet metal or carbon fiber material to direct the airflow down through the holes (you don't need to fill the entire scoop with air as then you would have a 180 deg turn to deal with). On the underside of the hood mount some ABS or carbon fiber (or even sheet metal but you had better insulate that against the heat of the motor) to create a "box" space under the hood (you may need some edge spacers to create an actual box space). Toward the front of this box you will need to install two things: 1) a 3/8 fitting for a fuel line which you mount to the hood to allow water to drain from the box when not in use. 2) mount a cowl air door from a 1975 Corvette (www.ecklers.com) with the long axis running from the front of the box back, in line with the stock air box (or create an air box). This air door is controlled by an electric solenoid, which you would control with a micro switch attached to the throttle body to open on WOT (you would only want to ram air under full throttle or end up going lean).

Next, cut a hole in your air box to accept a HVAC sheet metal "Register box" (I think a 6" duct, 10" register will work) that you line-up with the Corvette air door. You will want to cover the register ducting with fiberglass or a silver reflective heat shield (Summit carries that - no I don't work for Summit racing, I just like them and all the help they give me) to keep the heat out of the intake air. Attach some hood seal to either the duct or the hood to make a pressure seal so all the air goes into the box. You would probably want to purchase a second air door solenoid and a 80mm aftermarket throttle body to attach to the fender opening to close this off when under WOT. This way you pressurize the air box and create the Ram Air effect (set it up so when under WOT the throttle body butterfly closes and when you are at partial throttle the butterfly is a full open).

Finally, you will have to attach the scoops in a better method than the 3M tape. I would suggest pop rivets to hold it down as they would be easy to hide. Seal the scoop to the hood with some silicon or RTV, cover the edges and the rivets with Bondo and repaint. This should give you a much larger intake charge. You might want to make an arming switch so that when it is raining you can bypass the throttle switch and keep the air door closed even at full throttle.

I hope this makes sense. If I didn't make any sense let me know and I'll try to elaborate better.

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts