DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have sworn that Steve gave someone permission to start producing his intake. I tried to find the topic, but I couldn't. He made that statement about not selling his intake before he decided to stop selling them himself. I guess we should just e-mail him and ask eh?

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah is anyone going to take over the production of the intake with the permission from the GR8WHT. because to tell u the truth i just dont have that much time on my hands to build the intake, hope somebody can do this. (dam this happens to me for not buying it when he first came out with his intake) :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
It was I that was going to see if I could do the intakes in my spare time. The reason that I didn't follow up on it is because of the fact that GR8WHT posted the instructions on this site and I did not think that there was going to be a demand for them. OIf there is going to be some who want these built for them let me know and I will follow up on this. Thank you!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hug311, I'd be interested in paying for an already built intake, I don't have anytime right now to build it myself..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Me too! I'll place my order for a silver one please.

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: SlvrBlt ]

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Ok, I am thinking of trying to make a few more L_Intakes, I already have the PVC painted for another silver one so guess which will be first?

I don't think I'll have a lot of time to mass produce these, but will keep you guys posted as soon as I have a couple units built.

You guys have probably all seen mine so you know the piece was built exactly like steve's plans showed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'LL TAKE ONE ALSO. BUT CAN YOU MAKE MINES RED. THANKS :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
So anyone got extra time during the holidays to make any? (silver, cough, silver). :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I didnt realise that there was that much of a demand for them. The only problem is that my wife and I are looking for a new house so I dont have time or the cash to order the parts right now. Save your tax return then I should be ready to do it. I am also trying to design a one piece unit, if anyone would like one without all the rubber elbows. Let me know and I will get started on the design.
P.S. been gone for a while, work laptop died had to get a new one. Now I have it so I'm back!!!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Originally posted by hug311:
I am also trying to design a one piece unit, if anyone would like one without all the rubber elbows
I'm curious how you were going to do this, are you proposing a one piece chrome unit (would imagine that is going to increase the price quite a bit) or were you going to try and form the corners using all PVC?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
An idea for the one piece unit would be to injection mould it out of plastic (obviously a plastic that can handle relative high temps without deforming and such).

Another idea would be to green sand cast it out of a metal of you choice. Chrome would be a good choice for apperance, but polished aluminum may work.

Another would be to take a metal of your choice tube and bend it at the correct angle/distance (see above).

Obviously, the injection moulding and green sand casting would have to be done at a manufacturing plant. Thus, it might be more expensive, unless there is a great demand for these. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Me Too, Me too, I want one. I am in college so I don't have enough time to make one myself With all studying and partying and all.

P.S. Can you make it my Christmas Present? :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts