DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to install my L_intake at lunch today and found one problem, the throttle body opening is not round, it is oblong, kind of looks like the lobe of a camshaft, therefore the round end of the rubber hose will not fit over it. I tried to work the hose on but it just does not seem to fit, can anyone who has completed the install help??

·
Registered
328 Posts
It will fit, warm it up a bit with a hairdrier. Its a tight fit and takes some doing but it will fit. Do not lube it on the inside though, it will keep slipping off.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Steve, I was going to try the "force" it route but thought I'd better solicit opinions first before I really messed things up. I'll borrow the wife's hairdryer and try again tonight!!

BTW-the intake instructions worked perfectly, thanks again for providing them.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I dunno. I got 2 tho, so I am not worried.
Why did they goto the more restrictive intake on the 2nd gens?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's in!!! The hairdryer worked, thanks again Steve. I warmed the tube up for about three minutes and then put it in place and worked it like hell, after about five minutes of frustration it all lined up, except for the breather, I had the damn thing facing the wrong way, so I just loosened the two end clamps and gently worked it into place. I'll post some pictures and some seat of the pants opinions tomorrow, for now I was just happy staring at the beauty of it.

BTW-at first my wife thought I was an ass for modifying my "new" car already, but when she saw me in the driveway with a hairdrier she is convinced I am insane and suggested Prozac.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Joekd.

Did you say you had direction on the install. I have the directions on how to build the unit, but not how to install it( i know it looks simple but Steve and you may have some tricks to save time i.e. the hair dryer).

If you could e-mail them to me at [email protected] that would be great.

Thanks,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts