DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone making these anymore? I've seen a few people around adding them to their cars. I don't have the time nor the patients to attempt to build one myself...

I wanna buy one! LoL

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
As of now I think you have to build it on your own, no one is constructing them forsale. Me I have the time to make them but its just something I do not want to get into.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, how long would it take, and how much would it be for the materials?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
the intake is shaped like an L. hmm I looked into it, whatever the price was that Stephen was charging is about what it would cost you, it would be a tad less cause no shipping and handling. he really made like no money off those things.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
sit tight folks, asking for a band saw for Christmas, if I get it I'll start making a few intake tubes with that, if not I'll keep making them using the Miter saw (comes out good, but I think the band saw will make a much cleaner cut on the nitrile rubber)

Keep in mind that I only have specs to make L_Intakes for the 3.2 and 3.5 motors, still have not find out the correct angles for the 2.7 motors

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
mabe that is what it stood for, I just took a guess.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I thought it was something to do with "Low"- air flow resistance

·
Registered
328 Posts
All of the above! :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by joekd:
sit tight folks, asking for a band saw for Christmas, if I get it I'll start making a few intake tubes with that, if not I'll keep making them using the Miter saw (comes out good, but I think the band saw will make a much cleaner cut on the nitrile rubber)

Keep in mind that I only have specs to make L_Intakes for the 3.2 and 3.5 motors, still have not find out the correct angles for the 2.7 motors
Joked:

Keep my e-mail address handy when you get your saw from Santa to put my order in.
[email protected]

·
Registered
137 Posts
About the 2.7L;
When I got mine installed at Stephen's place(thanks again) he had no problem fitting the actual intake on. The only problem the he had we the vacum tube(I think thats what it was) he just had to turn the hose the other way and drill the hole for it on the bent piece of rubber instead of the on the rubber closest to the filter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey.. hold up.. I just noticed all you guys live near me.

Hey Stephen... where exactly in Ontario do you live? Can you hook me up with an L Intake?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just installed my new rear spoiler from The Spoiler Factory (www.thespoilerfactory.com).
What a pain in the #$%, but it looks great.
Painted and shipped for only $200. This company also does wood dash kits and I will probably be doing that next. When you go into the website, it will show two different spoilers for the Intrepid. You want to click on the second available spoiler choice, since the first one does not even have a picture of the Intrepid with that spoiler (??). Will be posting some new pix once I get the 18 x 8 wheels installed next week.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry guys for that previous post, I thought I was in the other forum. See what happens when you get old,
HA HA.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Brian... How is the L intake working for you? Better sound? more power?

I think I wanna do this to my Trep. I hope Stephen can help me out too...

·
Registered
328 Posts
n_koutelas

I live Windsor Ontatio area if thats any help.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts