DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm unscathed and thankfull that it didn't happen on the racetrack...Then I'd have been screwed. No insurance would have covered me then. My mom also made a good point in saying that someone didn't want me racing today...I mean, what else would explain the total randomness of this incident? Thanks for the kind support, and I am really looking toward an Intrepid, but I haven't decided yet. This meet was off the hook, and everyone was so much fun to be around. I want so much to remain an active member of this club, but new 'treps are soo expensive! I don't want another first gen, even though I think it looks better...been there, done that. I need something very reliable that's not more than $11k final price. It's tough, but I'm starting my research today. Kinda looking for a Nissan Sentra or a Pontiac Grand Prix, but I haven't made a final decision yet.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Holy **** Steve, I had no idea. What do you think happened there? Perhaps the spark plug wire boot you were telling me about yesterday finally gave way maybe?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Fuel rail problem??? It's a recall item.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
stevedemon said:
Yeah, I'm unscathed and thankfull that it didn't happen on the racetrack...Then I'd have been screwed. No insurance would have covered me then. My mom also made a good point in saying that someone didn't want me racing today...I mean, what else would explain the total randomness of this incident? Thanks for the kind support, and I am really looking toward an Intrepid, but I haven't decided yet. This meet was off the hook, and everyone was so much fun to be around. I want so much to remain an active member of this club, but new 'treps are soo expensive! I don't want another first gen, even though I think it looks better...been there, done that. I need something very reliable that's not more than $11k final price. It's tough, but I'm starting my research today. Kinda looking for a Nissan Sentra or a Pontiac Grand Prix, but I haven't made a final decision yet.
If you are willing to come to the Twin Cities, you can get a 2G ES or a nice 300M with about 30,000-40,000 miles for arond $11,000.

I'm sorry about your car, she sure was nice.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
stevedemon said:
I need something very reliable that's not more than $11k final price. It's tough, but I'm starting my research today. Kinda looking for a Nissan Sentra or a Pontiac Grand Prix, but I haven't made a final decision yet.
pontiac grand prix and reliable don't go hand in hand. you can get a way better car than a pontiac for 11k.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please post anymore replies in the First Gen General board thread...it's just easier for me right now when every second of every day can be used toward getting me back into a 'Trep

1 - 11 of 11 Posts