DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow i was right there and i banged hard on her back door of her suv. i was getting out of my place getting a pizza and as i was getting into my car this chick backed up her suv slowly into me. cant see damage since it was dark out. hope the car is ok. i did get to bang her back door with my hand to stop her. i wasnt even in the car yet to use my horn when this happened. she got out after she moved forward a little and i heard the front fender quarter panel pop back out on my car. so i know the dent is popped out but cant see for scratches. i yelled at her. she said ooooooo i didnt even see u. duh u have a big ass truck. what if there was a 6 or 7 yr old child back here. would of knocked the **** out of him. i checked my car with my hand it seemed smooth no dents. I told her just go get the hell out of here there is no damage. next time watch what you r doing. she said sorry. i hope she has damage on truck. People never look back when backing out of a parking spot. happens a million times here in ny. i work in a supermarket and i see those accidents everyday. 9-10x a day. i will check car tomorrow for scratches. then when weather gets nice i will have to compound car and wax if there is any damage. god i hope not.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i dont get it ... why wouldnt u get her info... what if there is damage..

my bumper got messed one day and i got the persons info just in case something comes up. I can call them and give them ****, luckily there was nothing after the buffing.

Always keep their contacts, just in case. Maybe u got lucky

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hope it all works out OK, but it was unwise to let her drive off without getting her info. If there is damage you didn't notice in the dark, you'll be SOL now.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I witnessed backing into vehicles (not mine thankfully) in 2 different parking lots this past summer. Neither one got out to look for damage.

Idiots!

-GB

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
There would have been no way I let her go without getting info. Hopefully your paint did not separate from the metal. Though it may look like everything is intact, the paint really could just be sitting on top of the metal and is just waiting for the right thing to come along and flake it off.

Sidenote, I was at a Sam's Club parking lot where TWO idiot backed up into each other. It was a good hard hit, but both cars were junker vehicles. They both got out, inspected their damage (there was damage to both vehicles) and decided they didn't care. I'm sure cause no one wanted to bother with insurance since they BOTH were at fault since they both backed into each other. It was like a comedy routine, the way it went down.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I would have at least exchanged information too. Only exception if it was like SMC said, junker vehicles and confident there is no damage. Claim on minor damage will only hurt your premiums later.

SUV bumper vs Intrepid quarter panel. Not good odds.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
car looks ok. just have a 1 inch scratch. i think the 3m scratch and swirl remover should work. then i will use compound then wax to buff it out. other than that no damage. thank god. i was lucky.

·
Registered
372 Posts
jfsram said:
Claim on minor damage will only hurt your premiums later.
Uh. No. Your premiums are not affected when you're not at fault.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont think it matters. once u call the police its a claim. your screwed. goes to dmv and gets passed down the line and your insurance goes through the roof

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
That's not what happond to me when some lady pulled out in front of my Camaro while I was doing 50 MPH. It was her falt and my insurance never jumped a bit. You got luckly there was no damage just a scrach.

·
Registered
372 Posts
stroise said:
i dont think it matters. once u call the police its a claim. your screwed. goes to dmv and gets passed down the line and your insurance goes through the roof
Well, I guess all I can claim from experience is that that's not the case in MA. We do have state-mandated insurance rules/prices, though. Some moron who had just gotten his license back after 2 DUIs (why was he allowed to get his license back after 2 [email protected]~#[email protected][email protected]#[email protected]!#[email protected]#$?) backed into my Camaro (woot, Camaro!) recently and my insurance didn't go up at all to get it fixed.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
dandragonrage said:
Uh. No. Your premiums are not affected when you're not at fault.
insurance is messed up, they will make it look like its ur fault... there must be some deductible of some sort in there.

I would prefer to let someone take care of it tho, depending on what took place. Whenever ppl handle accidents on their own they get cheap with the shop and paint bumpers when they should be replaced etc....

Most body shops now use old parts such as headlights etc from local yards which came as big shock to me.... so who knows what the best route is anymore. I think its statefarm that uses old parts, my friend had wax all over his headlights (backing) like the stuff u see in junk yards, plus they were mismatched LOL (beams were different thats all).

·
Registered
589 Posts
Phuckin Phil said:
I don't know what insurance you have, my insurance co. fights to prove that it isn't my fault.

my insurance company pulled out dozens of lawyers and experts to prove that my accident wasnt my fault.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
When i got into my accident, my insurance company determined i wasn't at fault, and my rates didn't go up a dime.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts