DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 01 Chrysler Intrepid. It is the second trep I have owned. 2.7L with 79,000 kms.

This is the day I got it.

Added the rear wing from my old 98 Intrepid. And painted the white letters on to the Eagles.

Added some stripes and really ugly wheel covers. Also added new exhaust for a nice rumble and grrr.

Added some blue to the black stripes, tinted the windows and got rid of the ugly wheel covers. painted the steelies and put on some chrome rings... Not too bad, but still missing something...

Added some 17 inch Stern ST4 rims, and mounted them on some super beefy 225/60/17's to fill the wheel well out. ( Nothing against low profile tires, but I like some meat on my tires, so don't go hatin' )

And here she sits today. Needs a wash, and I need to lose the stickers on the tires, but it just looked so awesome, I had to post some photots!!!

With my other baby. 98 Expedition.

I love the new rims. Just have to go get them balanced now. The weights all fell off!!! I had them sitting in my house for a day or two, and when I went to put on the last tire, I noticed them all on the floor. Oh well that's what you get for having the tires balanced at Wal-Mart I guess.

Hope you guys think it's a nice transition from start to present...

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
OoOooh ... I see the Chinook license plate frame. Chinook Center, Calgary? My mom worked on contract near there, I lived up McLeod Trail!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OoOooh ... I see the Chinook license plate frame. Chinook Center, Calgary? My mom worked on contract near there, I lived up McLeod Trail!
Nope, It's actually a Jeff Gordon licence plate frame. But it does say Chinook Chrysler on the trunk lid. It's the Dodge dealer in Taber, AB, about 2 hours away from Calgary...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shes looking good man have any other things planed in the future.
The biggest thing I have planned for the future is NOT buying a Charger. The rims were a way of saving $30,000 on a new car and just sprucing up what I have.

As the song says " It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have" I love my trep, and feel a little ashamed I was test driving them Chargers!!!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
That stripe on the hood makes it look like a Taurus lol.

Not bad! It actualy didnt look all that bad with the steelies. That chrome ring actually made them look like real wheels.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That stripe on the hood makes it look like a Taurus lol.

Not bad! It actualy didnt look all that bad with the steelies. That chrome ring actually made them look like real wheels.
I can see the Taurus thing. i got a little kooky with the vinyl on day, and missed the hood bra from my 98, so I tried a little something...

Here's my 98. It got totalled by a buddy of mine, but once I find a bra like that I will cover my 'unibrow' up. lol

PS. You should throw on some of those chrome rings on your black trep. Might look kinda cool. I think mine were about 10 bucks each. If you don't like em, just take them back!! What's the harm right?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The 2.7 in my Trep is gone unfortunantly :crying: but I defintiey would check out those chrome rings.

My dad has a white Taurus so thats the first thing I thought of when I saw the black vinyl lol

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got smacked today in the parking lot dammit!!!! At least the person left a note with their # on it. Most people probably wouldn't have. Also had a note left from a witness who saw it. I went out of my way to park in an area of the mall that had a lot a space, and some moron backed into the area right behind the front driver's wheel well, and door. How the hell do you do that? they had to come at it at a right angle.... $1300 to fix the damage, but it will be on their dime thankfully.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Got smacked today in the parking lot dammit!!!! At least the person left a note with their # on it. Most people probably wouldn't have. Also had a note left from a witness who saw it. I went out of my way to park in an area of the mall that had a lot a space, and some moron backed into the area right behind the front driver's wheel well, and door. How the hell do you do that? they had to come at it at a right angle.... $1300 to fix the damage, but it will be on their dime thankfully.
Amazingly rare that they left a note!

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Wow, they must be nice in Canada.lol.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The wierd part is I live in a town 50 kms away from this mall, and very rarely go there, and it is the same parking lot where my buddy totalled my old Intrepid. I think I will take my truck to the mall next time I go...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hard to believe this is $1300 worth of damage. But the door doesn't want to open without making an awful sound, and the fender is pushed in a bit. And those long scratches on the door guard and underneath it.

Now this is alot of damage. That's my old 98 trep that got destroyed on the other side of the same mall parking lot. The insurance company just shelled out $3000 and wrote it off insted of fixing it. I'm picking a new mall !!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My trep has been at the body shop for almost a week now...... I REALLY want it back right now. However driving my Expedition to work has been kinda fun too.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whoo Hoo!! Got my car back from the paint shop today. They actually paid me to do my own striping on the car because I said I didn't want them doing it. Basically they just gave me some money back out of the money the insurance company paid them from the lady who schmucked me .

I had some extra vinyl and pinstripes left over so I did some extra stuff on the deck lid.

Now the back matches the front...

I kinda ripped of the idea from a Daytona Charger I saw parked at the mall. I think I really like it!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts