DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what are the biggest, roomiest cars that you can find that are standard shift? I noticed that most of the time they are little cars, and/or 2-doors. I'm not a fan of either, and was wondering if there are some mid-size sedans that you can get with a standard-transmission, or even better, any cars around the size of the Intrepid that are stick?

Last night I was driving my friends stick-shift Tercel, and thought it was fun (I didn't even stall it!). The thing is, I don't like small cars like that. I like being able to fit four of my 6ft teenage friends in the backseat, and a few coolers in the trunk :) .

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's an option on the Pontiac G8 GXP (6 speed auto is standard, 6 speed manual optional).
3 and 5 series BMWs offer a manual.
The Audi A4 has an optional 6 speed manual.
The mazda 6 has a 6 speed manual as an option.
The Nissan Altima offers a 6 speed manual as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I would really have to consider a mazda 6. They're great cars, and they look pretty sick. I wouldn't be able to afford the others, and I don't know if I'd want an Altima. I've driven one before during my first job at a car dealership, and I really liked it. Thanks for the help!

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
I don't know about the 6 but the Altima offers the stick shift with the V-6 that would be lots of fun. The Honda Accord offers a stick shift too

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I'm pretty much torn between a Charger or a Mazda 6 now (although I would love a Challenger!). I could probably find a Mazda 6 for cheaper since they started making them in 03, plus they are cheaper new than the Chargers.

I have a good chunk of money saved up, but I start college next year and I know that money will be gone pretty quickly. Hopefully the trepid doesn't decide to crap out on me soon :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts