DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to work today on Hwy 610 north bound at the stop light in the middle lane. The the far right lane ends about a 1/2 mile up or so. A white Bonneville SSEi pulls up next to me. I know the guy is going to try to get ahead of me and cut me off. He is already a half a car lenght ahead of at the light. The light turns green and we both floor it. The right wheel starts spinning like mad and the car drifts over about a foot. Then i hit seconde gear the the left tire starts spinning. At 30mph we are even at 60 mph i am about 3/4 a car lenght ahead and at 80. I am really starting to pull away like 3 or 4 car lenghts away. Hit 95 mph and it is all over. He is way back there. I make it through the next light just before it turns red. He has to stop and i just go on my merry way. Up to 60mph they can really move, but after that they start to run out of breath.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Dont they do the 1/4 mile in 15.7 or something. And if his car was runnign and it was warmed up it probably could run a 15.9 so you toasted him good job bro

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But they are alot heavier than the Grand Prix. The Bonneville is a full size car like our Intrepids. The Grand Prix are a Mid size car like a Ford Taurus or Honda Accord. At lest that is what the car Mag`s say. Like Consumer Reports.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Wutang15m Just saying the facts so no body gets their tail feathers out of place.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Give it some time some one is going to make a stupid remark. On how the SSEI has a supercharger and it runs 7 secs in the 1/4 mile. blah blah blah yack yack yack.

Trust me ;) ;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Nice kill, blah blah blah, yak yak yak . . . Wutang, your posts from tonight have made me laugh.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the trolls posted something stupid like this:

"I know this dude with a pimped out Geo Metro 3 cylinder (insert generic crappy car name here) that pulls 12's and he has slips to prove it. . .He says Intrepids are slow and he beats them all the time. . . yadda yadda yadda."

Seriously, though - nice job. A good friend had a Bonnevile SSE (no supercharger) and I was not impressed with the power it made.

:alien:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by MoparHead:

"I know this dude with a pimped out Geo Metro 3 cylinder (insert generic crappy car name here) that pulls 12's and he has slips to prove it. . .He says Intrepids are slow and he beats them all the time. . . yadda yadda yadda."

ahahahahha

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Hey now, don't be talking smack about my Metro. ;) :p

Good kill Spook! :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
Great job.... My 2.7L after "Project Trep 2.7L" is completed and I'm pushin' around 240HP I'm gonna be smokin' those too! Can't wait!

Sorry, this post is about you bro! Nice job, those things suck!

Take care.....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well I would hope you can smoke metro's without the mods to make your car 240hp already mopar... :p If you need mods then.. well *cough* *cough*

·
Registered
602 Posts
Metro's? 3Cyl??? I was talkin' about the Supercharged Pussiac 3800....

What's up with Metro's, I didn't think those are fast....? I assumed you guys were screwin' around about the Metro's....

Actually I wouldn't really care even if one of those little death trap bitches were faster, I'm much happier with my ride....

I hope they're not faster....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Good kill Spook. They are damn fast but we do seem to get a little more top end.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
There is a Pontiac Firefly (same as a Metro) lurking about here in the Twin Cities with a transplanted Chev big block, transmission, and it is converted to RWD.

I saw it on a cruise night down on University Avenue. ****ing sweet little monster. Still had full interior, except the back seat wich was removed to accomodate the wheel tubs for the wide 26x30 slicks. Car is licensed for the street.

I so wanted to see that car in action, it was parked at Porky's Drive in.

Thats one Metro type car I'd fear.

[ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: LHSer ]

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LHSer was it white in color. I saw one at the Car Craft car show last year. One sweet ride it`s like a Neon with Hemi motor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good JOb Spook!!! I've been wonderin' how we'd stack up against the SSEi Bonnies. Nice to know we can leave 'em behind!! :cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts