DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most you you know by now ,i found out this last April i found out i have MS ( Multiple Sclerosis). I am now on SSDI (Socal Seccurtiy Disability). So I am making no money, you have to be off work for 6 strait months with no work or money coming in. Excpet for my own Med Ins. Making less than 80 % than when i was working. Which sucks big time and that is why i sold the 300M off and the wifes Neon SXT. I got her very good 1998 2.4 Stratus candy apple red this last Nov. We only had the one car and i had to walk my son to the bus stop evey morning. About a 3 block walk which just kills my right leg. She makes money on the week end cleaning peoples homes. She has done this for the last couple of years or so. Will last night she said i have big surprise for you. I know you always felt bad about having to sell your Blue 1998 Neon R/T because i could not learn how to drive a stick. So i bought you one at a local car dealer ship. Its red 2 door with all the options. So we drove over to Kline Volvo in White Bear Minn. to pick it up. I was a little worried because the wife does now jack about cars. Will she did do a good job it is totaly stock never riced out. Owned by a older lady from Wi. No rust only one little dent on the top right fender. The inside looks like new. They said it had a little miss to the motor and the check eng lite was on. Which it did but ran fine other wise. they said they would knock off another $500.00 if took it as is. I looked the car over again and found some paper work from a local Chrysler dealer inside which stated that it needed a Valve job. Which did not make any sence to me because there was no valve or lifter nosie. I know from the Neon board`s that Neon DOHC motors like fresh plugs every 10,000 miles and wiring every 50,000 miles or so. I opened the hood and checked the wiring it looked stock ones when new which the car has 75,000 miles on it. I said yes i would take it as is. I got it home i opened the hood and replace the plug wires with a set from my old blue 98 R/T which are 8.5 mm Accel`s. Got in the car and started it up the check Eng light went off and no miss. The car runs great. The Dumb asses at Barrent Chrysler said it need a $700.00 valve job. My gain there loss. The stock wiring was melted and really burnt out bad. ( I really love the wife) This is the best Xams gift any body has ever got me. (She is one very wonderfull little lady). She has really but up with a lot this last year with me being sick and crabby alot. And money being tight and her working alot of extra hours to making ends meet. Will now i know where all her extra money was going. I thought it was all going to her younger brother and sister in the Phillipines for college which some did. But she saved extra and bought me the car. THANK YOU Gilda for being the most wonderfully wife in the world your husband Kevin.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Great for you. I hope things continue to work out for you and your family. Don't ever let go of your wife, she sounds like a super person. Glad you got the car, too.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Kevin: You deserve the car and most of all you deserve Gilda!

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
late christmas presents are the best... just when you think all the fun is over, BAM a new car. Sweet deal man!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Am very happy for you. Sounds like a reason for a big s**ting grin! :mg:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
You obviously have a very special relationship. May both of you have a Happy New Year. Maybe my wife will read this and get an idea!!!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wow! Kevin, that's just great. :bigsmile:

I've met Gilda, everyone, and she's one of the sweetest ladies on earth. One in a million! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Congrats man, you have a very special wife, it seems like she went pretty far to do that for ya.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Wow, Kevin. Seems only like last month that I was over there with the rest of local guys after that MOA meet. Had no idea that you got rid of the cars. That is wonderful to hear that your wife did all that for you. I wish you and your family well.

For those who haven't had a chance to meet Kevin and his wife, they are just absolutely wonderful people. When we went over to his house after the last Mall of America meet, they had food and drinks for everyone, not to mention the wonderful cookies that his wife made that we all chowed down. They made me feel like I've known them all my life with their hospitality. Wonderful people to say the least.

Ohh, and by the way. The Kline dealerships are wonderful. When I owned my Eclipse, I took it to Kline all the time cause they only charged $12 for oil changes and were much better priced than local garages for repairs on the Eclipse. I don't know how much service they would be to you, since they don't have a Dodge dealership, but they have always treated me with respect, even when they knew that I was just there to testdrive a car for shits and giggles. I was almost went to testdrive a Titan at Kline Nissan earlier. Good luck with the Neon!
~Sander

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Kevin!

That is awesome news! One of the sweetest things I have heard in a long time.

So when can I come over to check out the new car? :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
That is beautiful. What a great story. THAT is love.

You are luckyto have such a great wife....and I'm sure she realizes how lucky she is to have you too Kev.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
( I really love the wife) This is the best Xams gift any body has ever got me. (She is one very wonderfull little lady). She has really but up with a lot this last year with me being sick and crabby alot.
Make sure you tell her how much you appreciate her in your life. Glad to see and hear of people like this in our world. Tell her that even I (some guy she'll probably never meet) also says thank you.

gazetowardthesky said:
late christmas presents are the best... just when you think all the fun is over, BAM a new car. Sweet deal man!
Ladies and Gentlemen, Emeril is here, live, in our audience today :D

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
God Bless you both!

What a wonderful love affair.

Reminds me slightly of O'Henry's "Gift of the Magi" without the double irony.

Don

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Matt just call any time and come over to see it. I washed her good Saturday and checked her over better the R/T that is. I need a new front motor mount the old one is shot. And it looks like the rear Bobble strut is leaking a little bit. Dam i have been checking the net there is a **** load of after market for Neon`s. Mopar Performance has the mount and strut i need much stronger and better than the stock one`s. First mod`s slated are Mopar Performace computer and iceman air intake land and exhaust dual type like the SRT 4. Paint the Brake cailpers red. The wife wants me to try to teach her to drive a stick again this spring. I guess when we took it out Saturday night and i went around a clover leaf exit around 55 mph. And she just hugged the ground like glue. She liked it a lot, it is like driving a go cart on the street. Dam she handles nice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts