DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a mod but my latest acquisition for the trep is a bluetooth OBDII scanner - ELM327 from Amazon. Works perfectly with my laptop or with my phone. Log data as you drive, clear the CEL etc etc. The limit is the software you choose to use with it. Of course being OBDII it's not 'trep only' but will work with just about any vehicle that adheres to the OBDII protocol, it's also small enough and low current enough to leave in place as long as you want to.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
No iPhone lovers around here eh? lol

I'm probably going to jump on a unit here in a bit. I've been eyeing them for some time now, but didn't realized they had come down in price so much.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're worth it... Pulls the code no worries and can clear it, you can also use the unit to log live data to your laptop / phone for more in depth diagnostics.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
So I've done a bit of research on the subject. It seems the "cat's-ass" for these has an ELM327 v1.4b chip in them. Models that claim to have a v.1.5 chip are usually copies of the original ELM327 v.1.0 chip. With that said, I'm going to try a v.1.5 adapter since the similarly priced v.1.4 are pretty bulky and are probably in the end the same thing as the v.1.5.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have one of those but its a bigger model but i might get one of these because mine almost hits my leg when driving

Software
Torque app droid
Dash Command free version (for pc)
OBD Dashboard droid

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have one I use on my android with the torque app, and I love it. It gives all kinds of information including a real time live view that shows the current state of many sensors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts