DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
well i live in iowa, and i drive around everywhere in iowa with blue lights flashing in side. (i got 3 neons on my back seat to light up the top of my car and 2 neons under the dash), i somtimes drive around with my underglow on, (when i do drive with underglow on its straight color)

IOWA LAW - (once a cop told me) you can have neons inside your car as long as you dont see the bulb. and you can't have any color or any lights under your car. for the back license plate it has to be white or red light to light it up.

·
Registered
342 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
That is old. In PA you cannot occupy the driver's seat while the neon lights are on.
In PA neons are illegal period....

you can be fined for having them on your car even if they aren't turned on...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I live in cleveland. And my manager Rick (I know him personally too) he has blue neons under his cavalier. He has not EVER been pulled over for having them on.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
yeah, but see right there, hes never been pulled over, now how many cops have seen him, and i'm sure the cops in your town DONT CARE if he has them, doesnt mean they cant bust him one night.

·
Registered
241 Posts
This is probably old news by now, but anyways... In my Law Enforcement career neons haven't been a big problem in my book. It basicly depends on where you live, if you are in an area with a certain problem then the LEO's may enforce it a little more. Outside of Canton, Ohio we really don't have a huge problem with this, now don't get me wrong we do have folk's with neons and different lighting, even blue.

But personally the only time I've ever stopped someone in this situation is a gentleman didn't realize he had his high beams on one night as he went by me in the opposite direction. I really didn't mind but that kinda sucks, ya know? But anyways, I turned around and turned on every single light I had on that car and pointed it toward him(of course I didn't realize of his age and night vision at first). I just asked him if those lights were kinda bright and he answered "yes". So I reminded him that his high beams were on and he apologized and that was that.

But the only case I've heard was a guy in Perry Twp was pulled over for having a red light in his dash or windsheild, can't remember what it was but the officer cited. But I see these cars all the time and haven't really heard of any trouble about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am surprised about this. I thought it was illegal for neons in Ohio. That's pretty cool if it's true about them though.
I'm also in Ohio and I'm curious do you know if its legal to have neons inside the car, I cant find a law on it?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts