DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A police officer told me anything custom on my tail lights, tint or not, was not allowed, as well as dual exhaust on my car.

Just curious, is that actually the case in PA? I've seen numerous people riding aroudn with it, so I'm kinda wondering if it's one of those 'we won't pull you over unless you're actually doing something wrong' deals here.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
The tail tint is a real law. You can't have any covering over your headlights, tails or even the plate. If a cop is having a bad day he could pull you over and give you grief. The exhaust? Yeah, that's a load of BS. There's no law against it unless it removes the cats.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
I was given a warning by a PSP trooper in a Wendy's line for my tails and plate cover last year

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Here in Sask the cops can be a douche nozzle for anything. Tinted tails, covering plates, tinted front glass, and as they phrase it 'extensive exhaust modification'. Like Squills said, it comes down to have bad of a day the officer had really and if you doing anything to bring attention to yourself

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured the cop was full of ****, I seen a cavalier at a garage with dual exhaust, and laughed out loud.

Cops just find reasons for me to be annoyed with them, despite their reason to be on the road.

In either case, I was thinking of throwing some dual exhaust on anyways. Thanks for the help, yet again. I post alot of questions...

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
I figured the cop was full of ****, I seen a cavalier at a garage with dual exhaust, and laughed out loud.

Cops just find reasons for me to be annoyed with them, despite their reason to be on the road.

In either case, I was thinking of throwing some dual exhaust on anyways. Thanks for the help, yet again. I post alot of questions...
Be warned though, PA carry's a hefty fine for tail light tint. I'm redoing mine over the winter so there is more red visible than there is right now. Different municipalities react differently liek they do with window tint and our Troopers generally dont give a **** unless theyre having an iffy day.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Tail light tint is illegal, but I do know that some car have a certain degree of tail light tint off the production line that isn't illegal. So I am sure you can get away with some tinting, but not much. As for the dual exhaust that isn't illegal because that would mean that police interceptors would be breaking the law.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be warned though, PA carry's a hefty fine for tail light tint. I'm redoing mine over the winter so there is more red visible than there is right now. Different municipalities react differently liek they do with window tint and our Troopers generally dont give a **** unless theyre having an iffy day.

The troopers I was talking to were staties.

I'm probably not going to do anything for right now, a lot of issues sprung up over night, that I figured were going to be needing done. :\

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
So, just tossing this one out. What if your car already has dual exhaust from the factory? Like the 300m special does? Perhaps he misquoted a law?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well he was referring to dual exhaust on a car that isnt 'supposed' to have dual exhaust, I guess for emissions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts