DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening I was driving home from work. It just stopped raining. When I hit 103rd street all of the traffic lights were out. Saw a few cops on the road but none of them were directing traffic. To top things off no one was obeying the 4way stop, it felt like I was in India where people just cuts everyone off. All I can say is thank god there was a 18 wheeler next to me. I kept my eyes peeled on the left side and used the 18 wheeler as a shield on the right.

Later that night on the news there was a 15 car pile up on the intersection of 103rd and Blanding. One cop was suspended for not directing traffic but rather to sit on his ass in a parking lot looking for speeders while in view of the intersection. The pile up involved one death and 4 are in ICU.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Holy cow that is crazy. You would think the cops would of atleast parked there cars at the intersection with their lights on and directing traffic. If they didnt want to stand out there and do their jobs there cars would of atleast slowed people down. How hard is it to radio for a street crew to place a stop sign at the location?

Do you have a news website for this?

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
****in florida man thats all i have to say. the lights on us19 in new port richey go out all the time and the cops just sit there doin nothing. its messed up that they dont wanna do there jobs. atleast your ok and are prayers can be with the rest

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
We got the same problems in ocala as well.
got a real bad intersection right next to my place 4 way stop-sign with a 5th side road that bleeds into it no sign for them to stop.
all day long screeching breaks and after dark lots of accidents and yet they still do nothing about it.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Scott_AU of course its your opinion its coming from your user name.

Just wondering how you got the 20%?
do you have facts to back that up?
is this percent from the cops you know?
or was that just a guess?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not that surprised...that is a horrible intersection for the lights to be out on since everyone does 60mph+ on Blanding, and 103rd st. is no better. Glad I am not coming down there until next week, lol.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I can't find the wreck on any of the local news sites. I caught it on the following morning news but it was real brief.

I'm surprised there isn't more wrecks on that intersection. Almost everyday people run the redlight.
That is because everyone in J'ville believes in the "three cars can fit through the red light" theory...when I was in high school, I saw a Silverado try to do it in the turn lane going from 103rd to Firestone...and got his bumper removed by an SUV for his trouble.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts