DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased 2 5.6 inch screens from a member here. He sent the screens kinda loosely packaged, and with 2 other items non related to the screens themselves. The problem I now have is I emailed the seller and he gives no response so I turn to you for possible solutions. The screens are intact, the have one(1) wire that extends from each. Each has what appears to be a sort of pin configuration lead out. My dilemma is that the local stereo shops say I need the male version to connect and hook up to the internal DVD head unit. I have checked everywhere with little or no luck and cant seem to find this mystery wire. the brand is Legacy on the front it says tft 5.6 vhr or vnr56. does anyone have a lead on where to find said wiring? or are these guys trying to sucker me into new monitors?

Reactions: IntrepidBus IV

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Let me see if I understand correctly. You have a single cable coming out of your monitors with a female plug on the end, right? And the plug looks kinda like an s-video or a PS/2 keyboard jack, right? If this is correct, you do need another cable for each monitor. It will have a male plug on end that will connect to the lead from the monitor and the other end has the video in, sound if your monitors have speakers, and the 12v & ground leads. This is a special cable that you will need to get from legacy. Many monitors use the same plug but the wires are connected to different pins so if you get one for another monitor you may have your power connected to your video input or vice-versa, which obviously isn't a good thing. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Any idea of how to contact the company? i did come across the legacy website, but they are closed, if it is the right Legacy that is.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Honestly, I hate to tell you this, but Legacy is low end stuff and their tech support shows it. I have never owned any of their products personally, but we used to sell them at my dad's shop and some people had trouble with them. For the price though, they're not that bad. I will see if I can find you some contact information though.Good Luck!!

EDIT: Here is their contact info:

Legacy Car Audio Inc.
1600 63rd Street
Brooklyn N.Y. 11204
Phone (718) 535-1800
Toll Free 1-800-444-5671
Fax (718) 236-2400

You can also contact us by email at the following email addresses

For Support [email protected]

For Sales [email protected]

For Dealers [email protected]

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doubly thankful.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Let me know how things go. I've had quite a bit of experience with different brands of monitors so if you have any more questions let me know. I hope things work out for you!!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
hey i just did the same thing but i have pyramid.and i called them up with the model number 20 bucks they sent out the cables.
so call up legacy and they will ask for the model number from the screen and then so much money they send the cabels. i also had to ask for 2 cables since i had 2 screens.
i also used a credit card purchase. so let us know what happens
cable look like this?

also this is my screens

look like this?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, Muscle was right! these guys are idiots. Check this out; I call up a "kid" who is giving me flack about not knowing what the exact model # was and then he starts with attitude when I remind him they are from his company! I almost drove my 6ft2inch azz over there to show him a new spot to shove cables! Well after all was said and done, he said he will call back, but doubtful. As for pyramid, are they compatiable? the pix in Mr. Dodge's look the same? are they universal though is my question? and would i need to buy a specific length?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
alexx said:
Guys, Muscle was right! these guys are idiots. Check this out; I call up a "kid" who is giving me flack about not knowing what the exact model # was and then he starts with attitude when I remind him they are from his company! I almost drove my 6ft2inch azz over there to show him a new spot to shove cables! Well after all was said and done, he said he will call back, but doubtful. As for pyramid, are they compatiable? the pix in Mr. Dodge's look the same? are they universal though is my question? and would i need to buy a specific length?
the pin configurations are different for each model screen. i have 2 pyle screens sitting in my room from my trep. the picture quality is amazing havent had any problem with them. the length of the cable is standard, no choice there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts