DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after driving 30+ years and owning 40+ cars I finally have one with leather interior. I know how to clean and protect fabric, plastic, rubber, vinyl, paint, alloys ect. but I know nothing about leather. Can someone (and I know it's gonna be many someones) recomend a good leather cleaner and protectant for my gray leather interior.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Well after driving 30+ years and owning 40+ cars I finally have one with leather interior. I know how to clean and protect fabric, plastic, rubber, vinyl, paint, alloys ect. but I know nothing about leather. Can someone (and I know it's gonna be many someones) recomend a good leather cleaner and protectant for my gray leather interior.
One piece of advice, stay away from Armor-all. It wll ruin your leather and your vinyl dash in no time.
Mother's & Meguires both sell quality 3-step cleaner/conditioners,
and Turtle wax makes a very good conditioner that I have picked up on my US trips in Big Lots for 3$. It works great once the leather is cleaned. Makes the leather really nice and soft, and help against the common checking lines.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Apparently Leatherique is the best followed by Lexol.

I use Leatherique..........it was quite expensive, but made the leather pretty soft, and cleaned it well (light taupe gets dirty easy).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Same position you are...

Just got my first "leather" car too. The owners manual specifically stated NOT to to use leather conditioner on the leather; that it could actually harm the leather or finish. I'm in Texas, I worry about it cracking. I've cleaned it with "Blue Magic" Leather and Vinyl Cleaner, which cleaned very well. Do I condition it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts