DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone do anyone have a diagram of what will fix this problem i have a 1998 concorde i just put a 3.2l engine in any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im fought a similar problem in a switch from 2.7 to 3.2. Some 2.7 have leak detection pumps and 3.2 may not. The vacuum connection is a T on the drivers side of the plastic intake. Its the third line. Fuel pressure, purge and leak detection. You may have an open line. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I had a similar problem a few months back, managed to fix itself somehow. I remember resetting the computer and filling the gas tank up, and it just went away. Go figure. Not sure if bad gas could cause the CEL or not?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi DodgeyAussie!

Did you reset the computer by disconnecting the battery, or by using a scan tool? Also, I notice that you live in the Bay Area. Are there any great Dodge mechanics you can recommend to fix this LDP/EVAP problem?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Yup. just disconnect the battery for i think 15 minutes.

Yay.. more bay area members....

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Oh.. and i have no idea about good mechanics... i trust no one and do what i can myself.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Intrepid2001 said:
Im fought a similar problem in a switch from 2.7 to 3.2. Some 2.7 have leak detection pumps and 3.2 may not. The vacuum connection is a T on the drivers side of the plastic intake. Its the third line. Fuel pressure, purge and leak detection. You may have an open line. Hope this helps.
That's because in the 2002 MY they switched the EVAP system from using a leak detection pump to the NVLD (Natural Vacuum Leak Detection). The FSM posted on this site makes reference to the different systems. So, while swapping motors might not be an issue, swapping pcm's might, since the newer ones would be programmed for the NVLD and the older ones for Leak Detection EVAP (I don't know the correct name for the system, sorry).

Being that the OP's car is a 1998, it might not be covered under the emissions warranty. Certain parts of the emissions system are warrantied under federal mandate, some items longer than others. I know the cat-verters are warrantied for the longest time of anything. I believe the EVAP system (no matter which type) is also but I don't know how long. I'm sure somewhere the Gov't has info on the web, I did see it before. These things could be as simple as a bad vacuum line or rotted tube, or something major. diagnostics sometimes involve pressurizing the tank and whatnot to find leaks, not stuff your shadetree mech can do.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
Cats are warrinteed for 8 years 80k,, epa law,,, the rest of the system,, 3-36, Unless!
there is a on going problem and a TSB is released, then its up to the car co

1 - 8 of 8 Posts