DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have sprung a leak. I am leaking oil (I mean my car is), it seems to be in the front oil pan gasket. It isn't that bad except for the fact that the serpetine belt on the 3.3 is right in front of it, and when it leaks the belt gets the oil and manages to coat and lubricate the entire engine compartment. What I am wondering is, can the oil pan on the 3.3 be taken off without lifting the engine, the frame and stabilizer or sway bar seem to be very close, so I dont know if there is enough room to get the pan out. I ordered a manual but it will be a few days before it gets here.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not that hard, I just read it now.

I had a similar problem on my 3.3L.

I had leaks in two spots, one was the front oil pan gasket, the other was the crank case seal on the front. Both were shot.

You can remove the oil pan without lifting the engine. The cross member won't cause any problems, but you will need to remove the flywheel plate and one transmission bracket to get at the back bolts of the oil pan.

I had the dealer do mine for about $400, but that includes a head gasket they replaced as well along with valve cover gaskets. So if that is your only fix and you take it to a dealer, expect about $250.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
they did a head gasget along with that? for $400? wow... must be workin for only $20 over there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts