DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,891 Posts
I questioned why you went with that "Heavy Duty" master cylinder instead of a direct replacement! I figured there would be some issues.Not sure why there's a Heavy Duty option for that part unless it applies to Police/Taxi...but I doubt it.

Good luck on working it out.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,891 Posts
Here's some info from the 2002 parts catalog that might shed some light on your current situation.

Sales Codes:
[BR3]= ANTI-LOCK 4-WHEEL DISC
[BR4]=ANTI-LOCK 4-WHEEL DISC, PER
[BR5]= ANTI-LOCK 4-WHEEL DISC, PER
[BR6]=ANTI-LOCK 4-WHEEL DISC, HD
[BRW]=4-WHEEL DISC

1 MASTER CYLINDER, Brake
04779168AB 1 [BRW]
04779292AA 1 [BR6]
04779530 1 [BR3, BR4, BR5]

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I questioned why you went with that "Heavy Duty" master cylinder instead of a direct replacement! I figured there would be some issues.Not sure why there's a Heavy Duty option for that part unless it applies to Police/Taxi...but I doubt it.

Good luck on working it out.
i had asked if the hd fittings were the same. its all good. i found my tool. and the extra tip.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,891 Posts
No one could've known the difference in master cylinders without actually owning the part you decided on. You were the one that decided you needed the "Heavy Duty" version after I gave you links for the standard replacements. Go back and review the posts.

And you really need to buy a $500 beater vehicle to get you around if this is your only car!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
16,639 Posts
If you don't have what you need, you can buy adapters to adapt one flare size to another. A good solution if you don't have or want to buy a flaring tool or don't want to risk messing up a good line.

I had the same situation last year when I replaced the master cylinder on my F150 a couple of years ago. Lowe's has a good selection of brass flare fittings and adapters in the plumbing section.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
If you don't have what you need, you can buy adapters to adapt one flare size to another. A good solution if you don't have or want to buy a flaring tool or don't want to risk messing up a good line.

I had the same situation last year when I replaced the master cylinder on my F150 a couple of years ago. Lowe's has a good selection of brass flare fittings and adapters in the plumbing section.
we've talked for years on here. i have half of another car scattered thru out my apartment.
they arnt flair fittings, when i went looking last time with the abs project i learned it was called an english fitting, also known as a girling fitting. its a pressed mushroom tip. thats the specialty tool in the top pic.

the tip i used was saved from the abs conversion. i think the abs cars have the hd master cylinder because this is the place in the donor car that fitting was cut off from.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No one could've known the difference in master cylinders without actually owning the part you decided on. You were the one that decided you needed the "Heavy Duty" version after I gave you links for the standard replacements. Go back and review the posts.

And you really need to buy a $500 beater vehicle to get you around if this is your only car!

Good luck!
your right but i was going to get a charger and make it NOT street legal and keep this as a daily.

i do go down rabbit holes of one off problems here and there though! glutton for punishment i suppose.

·
Premium Member
16,639 Posts
we've talked for years on here. i have half of another car scattered thru out my apartment.
they arnt flair fittings, when i went looking last time with the abs project i learned it was called an english fitting, also known as a girling fitting. its a pressed mushroom tip. thats the specialty tool in the top pic.

the tip i used was saved from the abs conversion. i think the abs cars have the hd master cylinder because this is the place in the donor car that fitting was cut off from.
Yes.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts