DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Intrepid that the A/C was just not keeping up with me. I put a Gague set on and found that I was low on 134. So I was putting a can of 134 in and was distracted. When I smelled something burning I looked over and saw smoke comming from the back side of the engine. I then looked down to find that my can of 134 had fallen and was sucking in liquid and not vapor.

I shut down everything. And now have a puddle of PAG under the car. My question is what is running in the back side of the engine that has PAG running through it? I am assuming that this is one of the Lines. How hard would it be to replace?

The setup is a generic 2000 with a 2.7l engine.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jason

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

Finally got a chance to take a look at everything. It looks like the compressor shoots out PAG when the clutch dis-engages (stops turning). It shoots it straight back to the Tranny in a quick burst and stops. It only does this intermittantly. The A/C is very cold today. Funny, because when the "incident" happened I had no A/C.

It kind of sounds like a fart when it shoots the PAG out the back. I can't see the back of the compressor very well and will look arround for a telescoping mirror.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts