DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
My dad just picked up a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LT:cool:. This is one nice vehicle, it drives like a car not a truck. Anyway, he got full leather seats and I was wondering what a good leather conditioner is? And any good ways to put it on?
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks guys !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,649 Posts
I use the Meguiar's Medallion Leather Cleaner/Conditioner on my Trep. However, the Meguiar's Gold Class version is good stuff as well, and it's cheaper and easier to find (Walmart, Target, most auto parts stores, etc.) Just follow what the bottle says to do. You'll love the results. Both products bring back the new leather smell and don't leave the seat all greasy or too shinny...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
I have tried the Meguiars gold and also the Armor All leather wipes and still prefer the Armor All

the Armor All leaves your seats a little slippery at first but the gold class left streaks on my seats

I'll take slippery over streaked any day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
joekd said:
I have tried the Meguiars gold and also the Armor All leather wipes and still prefer the Armor All

the Armor All leaves your seats a little slippery at first but the gold class left streaks on my seats

I'll take slippery over streaked any day
I too use the Armor All leather wipes. They work good, and man are they convenient!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at the Mother's leather treater and it looked like it was pretty good. Anyone used that?
By the sounds of it the Armor all wipes might be the way to go. I know armor all is killer stuff but I have to ask this; does it do a really good job of protecting the seats?

Thanks again guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
this kind goes along w/ the leather question I have a mopar full vinyl bra on my intrepid ,now I've been putting armor all spar on it ..but it seems to fade really fast and get dull is there a good vinyl conditioner that will last longer on it that anyone can recommend???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
brianw99 said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at the Mother's leather treater and it looked like it was pretty good. Anyone used that?
By the sounds of it the Armor all wipes might be the way to go. I know armor all is killer stuff but I have to ask this; does it do a really good job of protecting the seats?

Thanks again guys

like I said I use the armor all liquid you wipe it on let it sit for a minute or two and wipe off the excess..and also I have two young boys and it holds up really well that's a good test imo....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
brianw99 said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at the Mother's leather treater and it looked like it was pretty good. Anyone used that?
By the sounds of it the Armor all wipes might be the way to go. I know armor all is killer stuff but I have to ask this; does it do a really good job of protecting the seats?

Thanks again guys
Good question... I've got two young sons too, 5 and 10, and although they know not to screw with dads baby, they've never damaged or scratched the seats in any way with all their horsing around.

I'm a smoker too, as well as a coffee drinker. These things do end up on the seats at times, yet nothing has ever damaged them. Just a little wipe up and off you go...

The leather in this and my last car is/was of excellent quality. It easily stands up to the worse abuse that cloth seats could never take, for sure...

So, I can't really say whether the leather conditioner is really "protecting" the leather any more that the quality of the leather itself. The one thing that is absolute though is that you want to keep that leather from drying out and becoming hard or "less soft". That's the main purpose of the conditioner as I see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Snorton Norton said:


Good question... I've got two young sons too, 5 and 10, and although they know not to screw with dads baby, they've never damaged or scratched the seats in any way with all their horsing around.

I'm a smoker too, as well as a coffee drinker. These things do end up on the seats at times, yet nothing has ever damaged them. Just a little wipe up and off you go...

The leather in this and my last car is/was of excellent quality. It easily stands up to the worse abuse that cloth seats could never take, for sure...

So, I can't really say whether the leather conditioner is really "protecting" the leather any more that the quality of the leather itself. The one thing that is absolute though is that you want to keep that leather from drying out and becoming hard or "less soft". That's the main purpose of the conditioner as I see it.

you know you might be right ,,i never had leather in any of my cars the intrepid we bought was used and came w/ leather so we didnt have a choice but I love it it's so easy to clean and they being my kids as hard as they try don't seem to have much effect on the seats...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,649 Posts
Intrepid ES 3.2 said:
this kind goes along w/ the leather question I have a mopar full vinyl bra on my intrepid ,now I've been putting armor all spar on it ..but it seems to fade really fast and get dull is there a good vinyl conditioner that will last longer on it that anyone can recommend???
I have never had streaks from the Meguiar's stuff. After using the Meguiar's I'd never go back to Armorall for anyting. Meguar's also makes a variety of excellent vinyl protectant/conditioners for interior and exterior use. Check out their web page, they have on-line ordering now too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
ChicagoTRS said:
I have found Zymöl makes a nice vinyl protectant for bras, door jams, exterior plastic, and your dash. Not too glossy but gives it a rich dark look.

http://www.autofanatics.com/zymprot.html

I have used Meguiars gold class leather protectant and have been happy with it for my seats...

do you know if they sell that Zymol stuff in stores?? or do you have to buy it through their site...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,381 Posts
I bought the Zymöl at an autoparts store...I think it is pretty common...might not find it at Walmart or Target but a good autoparts stroe that has a lot of these type products would likely have it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
Intrepid ES 3.2 said:


my god are they insane!!!!!! no matter how good it may be it's not worth that...:mg:
Yeah, but look what it's designed for, a friggin Bentley from the middle 1900's:

"Vintage Glaze is based on a custom formula developed for the 1947 Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet by Franay, winner of several "Best of Shows" in its debut year on the Concours circuit. Among the protective ingredients in Vintage are evergreen, honeydew, coconut, cantaloupe and sunflower oils. Vintage contains 61 percent Brazilian No. 1 White Carnauba by volume, the highest in any product designed to protect automotive finishes." A mere $1,402.50! But hey, like it says right below the picture of the product "This container is refillable for life at no charge." - Whewwww. Now I'm relieved! :rolleyes:

I imagine on a car like that if you were to put anything but that stuff on it you'd be degrading the value.

Just look at these application instructions:

"Put a very small amount of the glaze to the palm of your hand. Use the warmth of your hands to melt the Carnauba. With your hand, gently apply the glaze in a light, even pattern over no more than two or three square feet of painted surface.
Let Vintage stand for up to five minutes
Using moderate to heavy pressure, wipe very slowly with a Micro-Wipe™ (folded once) to a brilliant luster before wax is totally dry.
Wait three to four hours, then lightly buff the paint again to
perfect the shine."

Wow!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,649 Posts
Intrepid ES 3.2 said:


my god are they insane!!!!!! no matter how good it may be it's not worth that...:mg:
Zymol is cool stuff and it's usually found in shops that sell and service Bently, Rolls Royce, Ferarri, etc. But from several independent tests I've read about, it doesn't stand up that much better than Meguiar's or Mother's, etc. It's not bad stuff, just majorly over priced for what you get. I think you'll be just as happy with Meguiar's or Mother's products...
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top