DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an issue with my leather seats (besides the M seats that dont have memory motors) the seam on the seat on the bottom where you sit has come apart... I noticed it today when I put my hand on the seat to prop my self up to get the snow/ice thing. Its about and inch long and it just looks like the stiching came apart... What can I do? Its only visible when you push on the area or pull it to see the rip. But every time you sit in the seat it seams like its going to just worsen...

A pic on where it is:

·
Registered
964 Posts
The only thing you can do is take the car to an auto upholstery shop and have them repair the seam. You can save some labor if you remove the seat and remove the seat bottom from the frame. Unless you want to look for a replacement seat in the junk yard or on eBay. Hard to find and not cheap. Just my $0.02.

FredB

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
I'd say take it to an upholstery shop and get it fixed. The sooner you do it hopefully the less it will cost. Most likely it will just get worse the longer you leave it...

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I called around upholstery places and got some estimates. Most places need to see the problem, while some just have a straight up charge. My friend had her top done on her Sebring at a place in Billerica, Bodels... and they did an excellent job. I have to go on monday for an estimate. Hopefully its painless, but Im trying to keep the stess on the seat at a minimum to keep the stiches together... I dont think that it will be too hard, but I just want the seat to come out nice...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts