DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a set of leather that looked fresh enough to get, so I’ve gone a little farther with my Intrepid/Concord/300M construction…kind of like legos, only more expensive.

Now I just have to find rear dark grey 300m seats in decent condition. That shouldn’t be as hard, since it’s the front seats that are usually worn bad enough that I would never consider putting them in the trep.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Those are concorde seats...are you sure you want the 300m seats in the rear...they won't match up.

--Gorm

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, these seats came out of a 2000 Concord. Gotta love eBay. You’re right though Gorm, I meant Concord rear seats, not 300m. since they are a different pattern it would look funny to have M rear and Concord front leather.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, that’s the plan. I had my eyes open for a full set of 300m seats for some time now, but unfortunately they either had the side airbags and therefore were an arm and a leg, they were bad shape, or they were being sold by a company that didn’t ship. Also since my standard base cloth seats were in nearly immaculate condition, I really didn’t want to settle for leather seats that didn’t look nearly new too. So when I saw these Concord seats I just went for it.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Nice.

I was at the yard yesterday and was gonna stag me some seats. Had them out except for the 2 bolts in the back of each front seat. I couldnt get them out without moving the seat up and I didnt have my jump-pack; so I had to settle for just the steering wheel.

·
Registered
550 Posts
WOW, beautiful seats man.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comments guys. It strikes me every time I do something new on the Intrepid how well it’s coming together. Especially since I’ve never really had a specific goal for what I wanted it to look like, and originally never intended it to be more then a comfortable daily driver. Obviously things have changed a little. Getting my hands on rears that are “sleeper-worthy” should be comparatively easy to finding specifically a left front that is in good condition, since the rears are generally used way, way less.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Putting the backs in is a bit harder than the fronts, on the bottom take the mounting braket off your seats and put in on the 2nd gen bottom, a little cutting is required. the top needs to be trimmed to fit correctly, but it does look nice when you are done.

Love the Special wheels.

Charles

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can’t remember if it’s in the how-to or not (now look I’m too lazy to look) but I remember reading somewhere that the front seats were a bolt on, but the back seat needed a little massaging to fit.
The M wheels do look ridiculously good on a 1g. After seeing the trep with them, there’s no way I would want to put any sort of aftermarket rim on it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I was working on my new sig this morning and ran across a pic I had done in May of 2003. A member asked me to put 300 Special wheels on his 1st gen Sport:

I thought it looked great back then and even better in real life.

I do love black cars, I have had three, they are a pain to keep clean but look so nice when they are.

Charles

1 - 20 of 29 Posts