DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the Mustang onto the strip. I consider these pretty good baseline runs since it was 80+ degree heat, 90 humidity, trunk full with subwoofer box, amp, jack and spare still in. 40PSI in all tires.

Here's my best run of the night, spun going into 2nd and 3rd gear. By this time the temp was "only" 78 degrees with 95 humidity

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Man, they have a lot of info on that sheet!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The track just upgraded the timing system and I do like the new slips a lot

Next time if I can get a day that isn't so damn hot and humid I will empty the car out and take my tire PSI down to 25

Oh yeah, all runs were with over 1/2 tank of gas too. Like I said, true baseline figures.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Compared to other Mustangs, JoeKD, your GT is running well. Nice reaction time too.

I've always considered the 4.6L to be a better engine than the 5.0L.
My 88 LX ran a 13.9 @ 99mph and I totally credit the light 3200lbs for those times because it was only 225 hp.

You are right on top of that at probably 4 or 500 lbs more.

You can also see how much more power the newer PI 4.6L has compared to my Tbird. It has the 1st version of the 4.6L, 205hp. It ran a pretty lazy 15.5 @ 88.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
jfsram said:
Compared to other Mustangs, JoeKD, your GT is running well. Nice reaction time too.

I've always considered the 4.6L to be a better engine than the 5.0L.
My 88 LX ran a 13.9 @ 99mph and I totally credit the light 3200lbs for those times because it was only 225 hp.

You are right on top of that at probably 4 or 500 lbs more.

You can also see how much more power the newer PI 4.6L has compared to my Tbird. It has the 1st version of the 4.6L, 205hp. It ran a pretty lazy 15.5 @ 88.
Stuff a Cobra 4.6 in there Joe!! :biggrin: You too, jfsram!! :biggrin: Yeah...it'll fit...with a bit of work... :)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I know Tbird fan. The Cobra 4.6 and Lincoln Mark VIII 4 valve 4.6 is a popular swap amongst the Thunderbird and Cougar world. Popular but realistically over my head in terms of knowledge to complete the swap. Not to mention those motors are not readily available for cheap either.

Realistically I'm considering swapping in a 97 -03 PI head Mustang, Explorer, CrownVic 2 valve 4.6L. It's also a 2 valve like mine but 260hp. They are plentiful and closer to a bolt in.

Nice 88 I seen on your page 2Deep.

·
Registered
360 Posts
if I read that right ...you pulled a 512 reaction on a 500 tree? and you do what for a living? thats mighty quick, with a new car under you...nice job!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts