DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LEDs are sensitive to polarity. Is it possible that the + and - connections are connecting to the wrong terminals of the LED ?
Its possible, but I tested both. Unless both are wired wrong. Which would mean I would have to fix it myself. But Like I said, I did test it off the car and it worked fine. They also really only connect one way like the stock bulbs.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
My guess is that when you tested it off of the car, the polarity was correct, but the polarity when connected through the vehicle harness is backwards. It would be the same issue that you run into when wiring aftermarket HID kits for the headlights. With them you either have to slip the connectors together in the opposite directions so that the clips do not secure them to each other, or pull one of the connectors apart and switch the wires around to correct the polarity.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is that when you tested it off of the car, the polarity was correct, but the polarity when connected through the vehicle harness is backwards. It would be the same issue that you run into when wiring aftermarket HID kits for the headlights. With them you either have to slip the connectors together in the opposite directions so that the clips do not secure them to each other, or pull one of the connectors apart and switch the wires around to correct the polarity.
I'll have to try that tomorrow. I'll switch the plugs around.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,840 Posts
Polarity bees wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts