DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, yesterday I installed some LEDs for my Intrepid for the tail lights but I noticed that they lit up significantly weaker than the stock bulbs I had. I don't know if they are actually like that or if I need to install something else, like a resistor or something, to get the full effect of the LEDs. I'm wondering if anyone can please help me out because I really wanted to put LEDs but not if they lit up weaker.

CaptainSnake

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cokey, thanks for the link but it doesn't help me much =( , I still don't know if I need to add something else to the LEDs or no so I decided to just leave the stock bulbs. However I am interested in putting LEDs for the interior lighting, like the map lights, so I'm wondering if they will light up brighter than the stock bulbs or will I have the same problem with the tail lights. So if anyone has done an LED conversion for the the interior lighting can help me out, I would appreciate it very much. =)

CaptainSnake

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am interested in these modifications as well for my 94 ES, if anybody figures out what is wrong I would be very interested in it.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,879 Posts
In the search box, enter LED's and you will find many threads to choose from.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, today I bought some blue LEDs and installed them on the car. Even though they don't light up as bright as the white bulbs, I gotta say that it looks awesome at night. So I'd recommend buying LEDs and if you don't use the map lights, buy them another color just because they look so cool.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Your problem is that cheap (and even some expensive) LEDs have less output than incandescents. I'm running a full LED conversion in my Intrepid.......but the tails are not quite as bright as stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that instead of just running the stock LED you need to install some kind of resistor for the LEDs to light up really bright, at least for the tail lights.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I put LEDs in for my tail lights, and although I don't think that they are weaker, they are more directional, so they seem bright when looking at them straight on, but, they may seem weaker from the side.
I don't know if that's the issue, but just an idea...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts