DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont really know all that much about LEDs, but i was wondering, how hard would it be to run a set of red LEDs along the bottom of the back window and hook it up to the brake lights? I know there are a bunch of people trying to get the bar on the back to light up, but mine's tinted really black, and i think it'd look pretty cool (or atleast different) to have it at the bottom of the back window. Can you buy LEDs just in a strip? and if you can would you be able to bend it enought to compensate for the curve of the back window? any help would be appreciated.

Another thought i had, but dont think I'll try would be to mount another antenna on the drivers side, then replace both with antennas that have a red neon tube on them (I think Streetglow sells them). then i could hook those up to the brakes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey, first off, Jgarret98, i just gotta tell u that your trep, with the black outs on black, is one of the hottest looking setups i've seen in a while...it makes me think of night rider...for the 90's...and w/ out the trans am. ANYWAY, about the LED's, i've seen them available online is sections, 4X9...that kinda thing..you might be able to piece 3 or 4 sections together, all wired together. Oh, and the antenna...streetglow does sell the antennas, i have theri catalog...it looks great, but i can almost ASSURE YOU, that someones going to be a dick and knock it off. Personally, I'm going to wal-mart, buying a $40 automatic power antenna and installing it myself(did it on my old 86 300zx). Could u reply if u have a chance, and tell me how much your blackouts were, and where u got them, and how do u remove them?(easy to take on/off?)

·
Registered
504 Posts
This isn't much help, but if you go to GTS' website http://gtstyling.com and get their phone number, they can give you a part number, then anyone can order them for you. (GTS doesn't take orders) Mine were about $54.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered my blackouts from Advance Auto Parts and they were $38 + tax. They slide underneath the headlight assembly, then there is a piece of velcro type stuff to hold it on the top(its under the hood, so you need to pop the hood to take them off) Well, if you pulled on them really hard i bet you could get them off w/o opening the hood, but no one's tried to steal them from me yet...(dont think there's a big demand for intrepid blackouts on the black market...) Mine are kind of a challenge to get out now that I have the bra though, because it too is tucked under the headlight assembly and there isn't a whole lot of room there.

Where would be the best place to go to find some LED light bars?

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
From my experiences, JCWhitney sells sh*tty products... at least for the LED products. They say "super bright", but they are so incredably dim. They also don't have any flexible LED products either. Anyways, www.radiantz.com has some custom flexible LED arrays. Their online ordering doesn't work but you can try calling them. I've never tried their products thogh. They have some pictures of what their stuff looks like on cars... although it's rather expensive. A one foot strip is $70. They do sell the only flexible LED array on the market as far as I know. They have longer stips too, but they cost more of course.

·
Registered
587 Posts
You could always try building your own led array. I might try that to go around the back reflector thing (around the backup lights). It would take a while to do, and would be an "interesting" task, but I think that it would look better if you did it on your own.....
And cheaper too!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok here is a guy lookin for a doner tailight to do some LED work.. looks like he'll do it for any car and it seems like he knows a little more than your average joe about it since hes building them on breadboards already, so he has it thought out.
Here ya go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts