DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im finally 100% Legal. Got my Tint slip signed by my Eye doctor :dance2: , who is waaayyyyy cooler than any other eye doctor ive ever met.He asked to come out and see my tint so we went outside and he kept complimenting me on how professional of a job it was with absolutely no gaps. Thats when I asked him if the Orange and Black Charger R/T in the parking lot was his and thats when he said "Yup thats Mine" and we sat back and chatted for a minute. then he went inside signed my slip verifying photophobia, handed it to me and Said "Enjoy" Feels sooo good to not have to worry about a cop scraping it off or me having to do it. Or being fined for it for that matter.

:bigparty:

·
Registered
715 Posts
my ex got a note from her physician stating she needed the tint to protect from allergic reactions to the UV rays of the sun and excyma. the judge laughed at her and told her to wear long sleeves....

...and pay the fine!!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photophobia: light sensitivity, is an intolerance of light. Sunlight, fluorescent light, incandescent light — all can be bothersome. Sometimes light-sensitive people are bothered only by bright light. In extreme cases, any light can be irritating

And Its no ****, Thats why i got the tint, Im just happy I can breathe a little easier when Im passing the Po. In Many instances I couldnt even see the road.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
What % you running? It better be something like 5% limo tint :p

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5% in the back and 35% up front. The slip says I cant have darker than 35% up front. It was a lil bit of work to get it though. First I had to make an appointment, convince him my eyes were really messed up, go to the D.O.T. and request the slip, Take the slip back to the doctor for him to sign. And though I didnt have much trouble I understand that sometimes they will give you a hard time at the D.O.T. When you request it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's cool. i just got my tint done at Meineke of all places. The local Meineke shop does tint, car wash/detailing and some other stuff. I have 20% all around my car. So far, the cops have not pulled me over yet. I needed to get the tint because my interior is the charcoal grey or black leather and it really sucked, especially out here in South Florida. I hear some people say that tint does not help a whole lot but I have noticed a difference when I get into my car on a hot day.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah for sure it makes an incredible difference in my opinion, the only part of my car that gets really hot now is my dash because my windshield isnt tinted.....yet

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have 15% in the back 35% in the front, 5% tintstrip on the windshield.

Still gets hot due to sunlight pouring in the front. I dont want to go darker(too hard to drive at night)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I meant headlights blind me so I cant see the road. I see 100% better at night with the stuff on so I need it for my windshield. And thats only Iowas laws Im not even sure you need a slip in Texas, I doubt it though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts