DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Legality per state?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  DEEPRED 
Hey DEEPRED, its nice to know there's finally someone else from Iowa on here :)

if you haven't already found out, Iowa laws totally blow... If you want a list of the 8.7 million restrictions they have on our cars you can check it out here: http://www.legis.state.ia.us/IACODE/2001/321/

as for the headlight blackouts, here's what it says:
A person shall not operate a motor vehicle, motorcycle, or motorized bicycle on the highways of this state if it is equipped with a device that restricts the light output of a head lamp required under section 321.385 or 321.386, a rear lamp required under section 321.387, a signal lamp or signal device required under section 321.404, or a directional signal device as described in section 321.317.
it just says on highways, so i'm assuming they are legal anywhere else? I dont know, my car has "illegal" blackouts, "illegal" tinted tailights and some illegal front window tint, but I've driven by some many cops and none of them care. I even leave my blackouts on at night if I'm just driving home from work in town - my foglights are bright enough for me to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.