DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know this is another one of my weird questions but I really would like to know if anyone has had a wheel bearing or suspension bushings replaced on an intrepid or any other car and how long it took for A) them to find the problem and tell you about it and B) how long to actually fix/replace the parts. I ask this because my birthday is this weekend and I FINALLY have some time off where I could actually let someone work on the car for at least most of the day without me worrying about getting it back by the next day. But in this case, my birthday is on saturday, which is the same day I plan on taking the car in. I'm planning on around 10-11AM bringing it to Sears to have them look at the entire front suspension and hopefully find out what my problem is. I think if the "good" mechanic is there he'll spot it right away, but if not I don't know how long it will take. How long would it then take them to fix the problem? Can they do it the same day? Do they always fix problems like this immediately? My gut is its either the wheel bearing, the wheel/tire, or the brakes. So basically what I amn looking for is if anyone has had a problem similar to this and if you've had similar parts replaced and an approximate time you had to wait until you could drive the car, because I'll have birthday plans in the evening, and might even be going on some kind of road trip either the same or next day. I'm just curious

Josiah

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would rethink Sears,they went back to being a commission shop,I worked there part time years ago and a buddy of mine has been there for 15+ years,he is as honest as the day is long but he has told me story after story of what happens when new guys come in trying to make a buck,bottom line,stay away from commission shops.

Some of you guys may be to young to remember but Sears was busted many years ago for fixing things that didn't need to be fixed,this was a hidden camera investigation and it almost shut down all Sears auto shops,after that for many years they were no longer a commission shop.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its hard for me not to trust Sears automotive when my brother is the manager over it, as well as a good friend of his has been a mechanic for 20 years and helped me with my brake problems on my other intrepid. He's the one I talked about before who instantly knew the right rear caliper was "frozen" and the brake hose was clogged, just by barely glancing at them. Thing is, the dealer of the other intrepid found the same exact problems and fixed them :). I just want to go there because I trust it more than the dealer, and its closer. Also, my brother would not let anyone dick me around, neither would his friend Mitch. If I have any problems with Sears i'll find another place. Thanks for the heads up though, I wasn't aware of those scams.

Josiah

·
Woober Goobers!
50,367 Posts
Maybe ask your brother about how long it would take as he works there and is your brother or whatever after all. Do you do any research on your own or do you expect everyone else to do your work for you? Wondering if your Mother dresses you every day because you can't do it on your own? All of your "questions" point back to information that you seem to lazy too research on your own.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Holy HELL....hell has frozen over. I agree with Ronbo, no offense there Josiah but I would have asked the family member doing the work because he has the computer that tells him the labor time in general

1 - 6 of 6 Posts