DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soooo since my passenger side cat on my 01 LHS decided to fill my world with the odiforous scent of rotten eggs, ive ordered high flow spun cats by magnaflow for 55$ a piece off fleabay. Since i'll be working in that part of the car, i'm considering exhaust manifold upgrades. I can get 1st gen manifolds used of course, for 77$ a piece. Or my buddy over at Chrysler can get me brand new 3.5l LX manifolds for 200$ for the pair taxes in at his price.

My question is, will LX manifolds work on our cars? I know i'll have to get matching flanges for the cats since they're universal, but apart from that anything else I should know about? Btw I also plan on either wrapping or coating the headers. What would be the better option?

· Registered
26,121 Posts
The 1st gen LH manifolds are the better choice as far as I've seen. Also, you will want to wrap the headers and get the cats as close as possible to the headers.

· Farticcus of Plenticcus
26,719 Posts
LX Manifolds will not work.
I have the 1G 3.5 Manifolds on my car, and they are great.
I have my converters in the tunnel under the car, that is about as close as you can get to the manifolds.
Do wrap the manifolds, and downtubes all the way to the converters to retain the heat for increased catalyst efficency!!

· 1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
16,134 Posts
Those would drag on the ground.
So a little shortening of the downpipe, or a little re-work of the bends? Or, forget the downpipes, and just use the headers?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.