DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of some new tires for the trep and am looking at these Lexani N3000 245/45R18 ones for $150 each (our cost at my shop)... anyone have any experience with them? They are made by Nexen for Lexani, (and Identical to the Nexen N3000). Anyone know anything about Nexen? Where they make their tires, quality, ect?

As an alternative I'm thinking of these Cooper CS4 Touring, definitly not as cool looking but will probably last a lot longer!

Any thoughts appreciated!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have been wondering about these tires as well. All I could find if they are the new "cheap" tire brand (as in price not sure abuot quality) that people have been selling.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I have the nexen N3000 brand 17" tires, and i've had them alittle over a year now and all 4 tires have alot of tread left and still look brand new. Handles great in rain too!! Just like any tire remember to rotate (those tires are directional) so front to back rotation ( i do every oil change)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input 01Intrepid, I was mainly worried about tread life as my BFG Geforce T/A KDW I have now didn't last very long.

As for the company, some searching revealed Nexen is/was the 3rd largest Korean tire manufacturer behind Hankook and Kumho. They seem to be a fairly good quality manufacturer and spend a fair bit of revenues on R&D of new tire technologies.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Thats some pretty nice info you found...... I knew nothing about them, but I do like the N3000 tire.......... to be honest, they are alot better then the OE goodyears that came with the trepids...... I have the 17" tires and i couldn't be happier with the overall performance of this tire!!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I've been pretty impressed with my KDW's treadlife so far actually!

I'll probably get Nexen N3000's for my LHS though.

·
Registered
342 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts