DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From LeftLaneNews.com:

Lexus has unveiled the LS600h L — a performance hybrid version of its new flagship sedan — at the 2006 New York International Auto Show. Scheduled to arrive in Spring 2007, it will be the world’s first vehicle of any class or category to feature a full hybrid V8 powertrain. The LS 600h will combine an all-new five-litre V8 gas engine with combined massive, high-output electric motors and a newly designed large-capacity battery pack. It will deliver a peak, combined output of more than 430 horsepower. As a SULEV-rated (Super Low Emissions) vehicle, LS600h is estimated to produce just 20 per cent of the smog-forming emissions of a conventional five-litre V8. Power is delivered to the wheels via a 2-stange ECVT transmission. It also has the first LED front headlights of any production vehicle.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I sat in one of those at the autoshow(it was the concept) , man they have massaging backrests, it was soooooooo relaxing. :turn: Frickin' expensive though, but that's what you pay for ultra-luxury.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Sorta reminds me of a Maybach a bit, probably in price as well though :eek:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The side looks like a BMW a good thing. The back seats looks like a Maybach another good thing. Over all a nice looking car.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
r0meo021 said:
ok... once again HOW MUCH!
The only website I could find that even speculated on the price was Edmunds.com and they guessed at $70,000.

On another note, Lexus says that with this car and the recently introduced Lexus GS 450H, their goals weren't just to make cars that had decent mileage. It is their approach on how to make cars that have decent mileage AND have awesome power on demand. For example, their GS 450H has a 3.5 liter engine that gets 25 mpg in the city and goes 0-60 in 5.2 seconds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts