DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its not Trep associatted but its a good none the less..

My main boss owns one of those kick-ass Lexus GS 430 (300 hp!) and we where out in it today on the way back from a client..

Anyway we just get off the highway and hit
the a red light.. We where nattering etc and then this WRX pulls up next to us.. Sounded like he had somesort of Flowmaster
on it, sounded pretty good... the kid was reving his motor to intice... Anyway, my boss looks at me and says in a real relaxed
manor "Shall I?" and I say "Oh, please do!" :)

Damn! 300hp really pushes your ass in the seat!!!! My boss just hammered the Lexus and this WRX done the same... Stuck with
the Lexus to around 25 and it was all over then... we ended up at 95 with the WRX lagging behind... :) The kid done a fly-by but it was a good one, he just waved..

Now, the question is, who wants to donate to my Lexus fund? :)

At 260hp the WRX could kick an R/T`s ass?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
God I hate those little ****ers WRX`es.... cheap ass things... Come on Chrysler, hurry up wid da new models! :) You loyal followers are getting pissed on by Jap-****! :)

Yeah, the Lexus was like 40k, the boy is flilthy rich, but he is one of those guys who doesnt let it go to his head, real down to earth guy....

Si

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am just waiting and hoping that someone develops a supercharger kit for the R/T. For me, cost would be no object (yeah right), and you could trash soooo many cars on the road with and extra 30% hp/torque!!

For example, think: 242*30%= 73, 242+73=315!!

We're talking Camaro SS and Mustang Cobra territory here, gentlemen - Although I would imagine that the tranny would need some beefing up, but what the hell, I can dream, can't I??
:cool:

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
That Scooby (the WRX) is already in Mustang GT territory. Pulls the same 0-60 numbers and the 1/4 mile time is pretty darn close as well. Amazing little car.

Those Lexus' are nice cars, but too mainstream if you ask me. Oh, and the 430 is closer to 60K after you add up options, etc.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if my Father-in-Laws V8 Mustang can beat it? :)<evil smirk>... I am so close on getting one of those, but want to stay loyal to the cause :)

60k! Damn... No wonder the boy wouldnt let me drive it ;)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
if those WRXs were not so small and chintzy inside i would be willing to bet that they sold a hell of a lot more of them. they're astounding little machines. their 0-60 is very quick and their 1/4 is equally as impressive. in fact, if i had money to play with and felt like getting a second car just to have fun with, i would consider buying one. but for functionality, i couldn't live with it. too small.

sidenote. i know a girl whose dad owns one of those 430s. that's quite the ride as well. i hope the next gen trep R/T matches up with it in the performance department while staying in the current price range. :D

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I have a road test in one the magazines on the RT and while it does admirably in the 0-60, 1/4 mile times, the interesting thing about the article is they were testing several high performance models at a track. I think it was Laguna Seca but could be wrong on that. Anyway, they mentioned that once on the track the RT was clocking BMW's and a few similar cars but 1 to 2 seconds a lap !!! I'm telling you, the RT's are much better at road racing then dragging. I'm going to do a few acura's next in some of my favorite turns and I'll let you know how it goes. There are 2 different ones 3.0c that are just dying to get into it (coming from work) but the traffic setup hasn't been right yet. Only a matter of time. But on the one road I want to go on (45 mph max) - I've already hit 95 at the tail end so I think I stand a pretty good chance. It's a s shaped curve with a slight bank and I have the lines down pat. Can't wait.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i would like to try a autocross sometime. i think the LH cars would fare pretty well considering the strongest performance of these cars is in the acceleration from speed. plus with autostick it'd be real easy to decelerate in the turns. i'd be willing to let my intrepid fly just to see how it stacks up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts