DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not to be much of a complainer, but today I changed another burnt out light in the rear of the car. this is my second one, with my first gen intrepid I canged 0. I would not really car if a headlight burnt out, would be a good excuse to get PIAAs. :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think it's time for all of us to call DC Customer Care and log complaints. Maybe DC'll put out a TSB for this incessant problem.

This is such a common occurance with 2nd gen 'treps that I swear it's gotta be the amount of juice going to them causing the problem, or a shitty bulb manufacturer. I'll take a DMM out next weekend and check the voltage and amperage.

I replaced the SAME bulb that burnt out three months ago AND a third-brake-light bulb today.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow, surprised to hear this problem. My '98 ES 3.2L has never had a bulb failure. Earlier this year I replaced all four headlight bulbs with Xenons, but that was just for fun. :) Plan to do the blue turn signals also since Dodge was kind enough to give us clear corners on our Intrepids.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I saw awhile ago on Radio Shack's website Replacement tail-light bulbs that were created from many Hi-intensity LED's. Used less energy and lasted some like.. 15 years of constant use or something like that. Was trying to find them, but I don't know what size bulbs the 'treps take. (also, I got a first gen, and I really have no problem with burning out taillights)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts