DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car when it starts up the all the lights falsh and make a popping sound nd the right after i shut it off and try to start it it wont start i get no response

·
Registered
890 Posts
Did you check the battery. I would say maybe a loose cable. Or maybe something wrong with youre factory alarm:dozeoff: :dozeoff:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your flashing lights and car not starting

OK! Not much info to go on but lets try getting some information from your car's computer.

The process works on my 94 Dodge Intrepid ES, my bosses 97 LHS and a few other Chrysler products.

First, the prerequesites:

1. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FOR MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES!!

2. Typically, this process works best after you've had an opportunity to rev your car between 2000 and 5000 rpms for a few minutes (but not possible in your situation).

Note: I discovered this information inside the general maintance/repair guide I purchased at a local auto part store.

Getting codes from the Intrepids computer:

1. Try starting your car. If doesn't start after 3 tries. Move to step 2.

2. With your keys in the START position (the same position you'd use to actually start your car), move your gear shift nob from one mode to the next with about 2 minutes between gear changes. (i.e.: from PARK move to NEUTRAL *wait 2 minutes*, move from NEUTRAL to DRIVE *wait 2 minutes*, etc..., until all gears have been shift to: then move the other direction into the PARK mode)

3. Move the key to the NEUTRAL position (the same position as when you first stick the key into the ignition).

4. There is a key position that exists BETWEEN the NEUTRAL and START position. I believe it is called the ON position. You need to turn the key back and forth from the NEUTRAL position to the ON position three times. You should count the turns as follows: count 1) from NEUTRAL to ON ; count 2) from NEUTRAL to ON; count 3) from NEUTRAL to ON.

5. Switch the key back into NEUTRAL mode.
6. One of your lights on your instrament panel (I forget which one) will begin flashing at you. You need to count the number of blinks and watch for spaces between blinks. (i.e.: <blink><blink><blink><blink><blink><PAUSE><blink><blink><blink><blink><blink> is the code 55 and I believe the computer is telling you it's finished sending you codes). Each code as a meaning and may lead you to the root cause of your problem.

At one point I'd remembered about 30 of the codes, but I'll have to look them up again. Not all codes are in my manual, but I might be a good start.

p.s.

DO NOT BLINK YOUR EYES WHILE YOU'RE WATCHING THE BLINK CODES. IF YOU MISS ONE YOU CAN START THE PROCESS OVER AGAIN, BUT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOU'LL GET THE SAME INFORMATION AGAIN.

email: [email protected]
tel: 317-782-8839

·
Registered
8 Posts
Blink codes

Thank you! I'll add the list to what I already have. Remember, 1) if possible, rev engine at about 2500 rpm for a few minutes. 2) be sure to switch between gears with a pause between shifts. Doing so will allow all computers to grab the information they require from all over the car. Make the computers happy and they may make you happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts