DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I went to "the wall" a couple weeks back, 180 ish km/h. When I had the special PCM in the car I never got to "the wall" but it was over 220km/h. It takes a while to get there though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've done a few "lets see how fast we can go" runs in my 00' R/T....I put her in autostick, and floor the **** out of it! It runs all the way up to the end of the redline and shifts and just PULLS...its great! The engine sound is awesome! I love racing hemi's and staying next to them and seeing the guys face afterwards when he knows his v8 didn't destroy my high revving v6! lol....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, 95intrepid99kid was a gentleman and a half today. He got me to email him the video and he said hed upload it to his youtube account so we can all enjoy some nice sounds.

·
Registered
364 Posts
300Max I doubt that...I have raced several hemi dakotas, chargers and 300's....haven't been left behind yet...pretty much stay right with them....I'm not saying I'm hitting over 100 mph every time but they don't leave me....

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is something I have done a great deal of research on and I have a first gen 3.5 and a 300c with the 5.7. So lets get started, the hemi is way more powerful, however it limits throttle under 30 MPH even with TCS disabled, unless you have a factory scan tool that allows you to place the vehicle in field service mode, or a flash tuner. I like the handling ability of the intrepid, it is far better than the 300c especially in snow. I think the intrepid was one of the best all around cars ever made. It rounds fuel milage, performance, and size, better than 99% of the vehicles ever made at an affordable price range. It's easy to work on and parts are affordable. The 300c will spank it from a dead stop, if I keep it floored after 30 MPH it plants you in your seat, and it pulls like crazy to 150MPH. Now if I hammer down when already moving, a lot of time is wasted waiting for it to get rolling again, it goes really flat for awhile. If you look at performace numbers for 0-60 times ( 2005 300c 5.7 0-60 in 5.6 seconds to 2000 Magnum 3.5 R/T 7.8 seconds )and 1.4 mile times ( 2005 300c 5.7 1/4 mile 14.1 to 2000 Magnum 3.5 R/T 16.0) they tell the story. I usually figure one second is about 5-7 car lengths to gauge bumper to bumper positions on a 1/4 mile run. However I don't have the numbers for passing gear times, the 3.5 should be faster from 50-80 MPH than the HEMI. The new 3.6 pentastar is suppose to be matched with an 8 speed that will get it close to the 1/4 mile numbers of a 5.7 hemi six speed.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
300Max I doubt that...I have raced several hemi dakotas, chargers and 300's....haven't been left behind yet...pretty much stay right with them....I'm not saying I'm hitting over 100 mph every time but they don't leave me....
hows you're haterade taste? lol

Listen kid. I don't hate on anyone, but I am known to call BS when I read it. I have owned 5 300Ms in my time, but I would never try to perpetrate total horseshit stories about them keeping up with a HEMI powered LX or DAK.

But hey if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy thinking someone was actually racing you in a HEMI and you kept up.....by all means spew some more poop

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I myself enjoy a nice heads up race from time to time, but the thrill of 30 seconds of adrenaline grows old.

You want to play with v8's? get them on a road track, and suddenly oodles of power and massive understeer can get trumped by featherweight civics.

And limiter from what I have found is about 196km/h

1 - 20 of 61 Posts