DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
:lmao: you people are FUNNY! Though it's so true! I said that my intrepid could beat a lambo earlier and technically it does but yeah. (Technically referring to its predecessor the Lamborghini Portofino concept)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Same here. Still a good video, even though you need new tires.
Ha, those tires are new. Its all that Torque rippin them loose. Was going to attempt the Limiter disable tonight but Mother Nature decided we should finally have some snow. Took her long enough to bring it here anyways. When i do that, ill snap the video for you guys to see. And maybe my good friend 95intrepid99kid would be kind enough to upload that one too?

Didnt mean to start a Hemi war with this thread though hahaha.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I myself enjoy a nice heads up race from time to time, but the thrill of 30 seconds of adrenaline grows old.

You want to play with v8's? get them on a road track, and suddenly oodles of power and massive understeer can get trumped by featherweight civics.

And limiter from what I have found is about 196km/h
This was one of the times i couldnt resist my need for speed. And the 35 seconds of pumping adrenaline was totaly worth it, But ya, its all about how your set up for what your doing. My limiter kicked in at 179 km/h.

·
Registered
364 Posts
well, from the 36 year old "kid" I can say this....maybe u don't know how to drive them? Or are afraid to push the pedal to the floor and hold it?? Driving a cushy 300m with all the toys, bells and whistles maybe put your brain into comfort mode and not race mode? I'm real glad you've owned 5 300m's...thats great for you....If u were in the car with me you'd understand what I mean...I never said I could beat them in an overall race...just that they didn't just pull away from me and destroy my R/T....thats all....usually they'd end up ahead for sure.....so call all the bs u want....i could care less...u certainly don't have alot else to do in crappy Ohio....lol

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Ha, those tires are new. Its all that Torque rippin them loose. Was going to attempt the Limiter disable tonight but Mother Nature decided we should finally have some snow. Took her long enough to bring it here anyways. When i do that, ill snap the video for you guys to see. And maybe my good friend 95intrepid99kid would be kind enough to upload that one too?

Didnt mean to start a Hemi war with this thread though hahaha.
Any time :D

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
well, from the 36 year old "kid" I can say this....maybe u don't know how to drive them? Or are afraid to push the pedal to the floor and hold it?? Driving a cushy 300m with all the toys, bells and whistles maybe put your brain into comfort mode and not race mode? I'm real glad you've owned 5 300m's...thats great for you....If u were in the car with me you'd understand what I mean...I never said I could beat them in an overall race...just that they didn't just pull away from me and destroy my R/T....thats all....usually they'd end up ahead for sure.....so call all the bs u want....i could care less...u certainly don't have alot else to do in crappy Ohio....lol
OK...I concede your superior driving skills and unparalleled lack of fear allowed you to "keep up" :sucker:

And yeah all my M's were just too cushy to perform...

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
With the right combination of qualifiers anything is possible. I was once the best in the Western Hemisphere with only 4 qualifiers. :D

And English can be tricky. However, when "staying next to them", becomes "pretty much stay right with them", which in turn becomes "didn't just pull away from me and destroy my R/T", then my BS meter starts twitching too. So you were able to stay in sight?

Are any timing slips available to document your car's performance?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
This was one of the times i couldnt resist my need for speed. And the 35 seconds of pumping adrenaline was totaly worth it, But ya, its all about how your set up for what your doing. My limiter kicked in at 179 km/h.
I too get caught up in the moment, and the adreneline is worth it but it just doesn't last long enough for me lol.

I look forward to hitting the drags this year, last time out I managed 1 run (got called to work) and ran an 11.36 @ 66mph (eighth mile races) with my 2.7l and a horrid reaction time, so I am excited to see an improvement with the 3.5 dropped in now :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I too get caught up in the moment, and the adreneline is worth it but it just doesn't last long enough for me lol.

I look forward to hitting the drags this year, last time out I managed 1 run (got called to work) and ran an 11.36 @ 66mph (eighth mile races) with my 2.7l and a horrid reaction time, so I am excited to see an improvement with the 3.5 dropped in now :D
Had to read that twice:duh: Missed the "eighth mile races" part. And i was thinking about ShadowVox's car the whole time lol. He knocked his down to like low to mid 14's. Had this 20 yr old "kid" confused. HAHAHA, couldnt resist that after reading this thread over.

Also, forgot to add earlier. Love your reason for the edit!

·
Registered
364 Posts
haha.....well whatever....u can all join in on the haterade party....doesn't mean **** to me....twitch all u like and I really couldn't care less....I know what happened and thats all thats important....I just think its hilarious that people instantly doubt anything said on these forums without a shred of evidence to lead them to that destination....I never said I beat an SRT-8 challenger....lol....

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yeah. I didn't intend for this to happen over a VIDEO! Just comment on the video itself. Might have less problems. YEESH!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Had to read that twice:duh: Missed the "eighth mile races" part. And i was thinking about ShadowVox's car the whole time lol. He knocked his down to like low to mid 14's. Had this 20 yr old "kid" confused. HAHAHA, couldnt resist that after reading this thread over.

Also, forgot to add earlier. Love your reason for the edit!
Yeah, I had to gop back and edit it. Locally we only get eigth mile at the drags, so when we talk times and trap speeds we know its in the eighth lol. I should link my 2.7's response from 90 to 160 on the highway later, as a comparison

21 - 40 of 61 Posts